The gap and the benefit of a perfect start

You're jumping the gun OP. We pulled 8 points back on Chelsea in a few weeks before Christmas last season, before we let them get away again. Nothing is sorted in September. But dont worry sbout it.Apparently, it's a common problem among middle aged men.

So I'm told.

Last edited:
While I agree OP is jumping the gun slightly, I would love to see how Pellegrini manages from the top with a 10-15 point gap, whether we'd see Maffeo, Nacho & Roberts get more game time etc.

We've also not won the league from the front, which I think would be an important milestone.

Never pay much attention to the table until around november/december when it really starts to take shape, there is no way chelsea will be out of the title after six games, its a long long season. We over turned an 8 point gap in five games a few seasons ago.

Would love it we won the next four league games though ( three of which are at home) as we would be going into the derby with a 100% record and a probable gap of 8 points or more, would be a huge statement of intent.

I disagree. If the were 14 points behind us they'd need us to lose at least 5 games between now and the end of the season (which could obviously happen), but that's judging that they win every game from now till May which won't happen. As well as us, they'd need United/Arsenal/Liverpool to all implode as well, they're giving themselves a massive job to catch up.

Just to clarify, I never said we would win all 3 games. I've said they are winnable. Big difference.

IF we do, no matter how well our rivals perform over those next 3 games, at least one of them will drop completely off the map and have to face all the negative scrutiny that comes with that. It will be Chelsea if Arsenal win, and will be Arsenal to a lesser extent if Chelsea win.

No matter what happens in the next 3 games, IF we win our 3, the narrative wont be on us at all, and it'll be a media free for all putting huge pressure on Mourinho, Wenger and/or Van Gaal. Once we win all 3 games, there's no way in hell one of them doesn't face a nightmare trying to save face, let alone catch us.

Our mindset(again IF we win the 3 games) will see a fantastic mood in our camp with a lack of pressure on us. If any manager is going to be really good when everything's looking rosy, I reckon it'll be Pellers as he seems the sort to keep the club riding the coast of a wave.

IF we win all 3 games, were in for a very exciting few months as we watch our rivals trying to survive a dogfight.

While I agree OP is jumping the gun slightly, I would love to see how Pellegrini manages from the top with a 10-15 point gap, whether we'd see Maffeo, Nacho & Roberts get more game time etc.

We've also not won the league from the front, which I think would be an important milestone.

I think the OP is definitely jumping the gun. As for opening up a healthy lead and then playing youth. IMO that wouldn't happen because I suspect Pellers would want a legacy and winning the league with the most ever points and distance would be a fine thing to do.

I'd have thought the point that last season the three relegated sides took 6 points off City would have proved the point that no game can be assumed as a win.

One game at a time is fair enough, but you can surely see my thinking IF we manage to win the next 3 games. The fixtures for our opponent have everything lining up in our favour IF we win all 3 games. Chelsea could be completely out of it. We could have a 3 game lead on Arsenal and the rags minimum.

It's a big deal so stupidly early in the season it's crazy to fathom.

Bang on!

A huge weekend for City.

Fixtures, elsewhere, CAN have a huge impact on performance levels.

Just as Chelsea losing at Everton must have done, we have a perfect storm of fixtures on the horizon.

Take every opportunity we can.

Our game at the weekend has me as nervous as a Cup Final, simply because West Ham do pose a threat, our Champions League exertions and what the table could look like by 6pm on Sunday.

league will be over by Christmas Maureen and butthead will be sacked and we can play our under 21s for rest of the season- watch this space

Lets get to forty points first. No city fan should be comfortable untill we have 40 points or 38ish and a decent goal diff!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.