The gap and the benefit of a perfect start

if we can get a win against west ham, we should well make a the gap between us and the pack bigger,
Stoke v Leicester, 1-1
Rag Bastards v Southampton,1-11
Chelsea v Arsenal, 2-1
City v West Ham, 3-0
Spurs v Palace 1-1

Pointless speculating like this. West Ham have beaten both Liverpool & Arsenal away so far & Payet is bang in form. Spurs away won't be easy in itself even if they're not in form at the moment. You say what if we win them & others drop points, sure that's great, but we could lose both & be completely pegged back too. One at a time for me.

Everyone plays everyone twice, so who plays who doesn't matter at this stage, we'll also have to play away at Arsenal.

or 8 after the weekend? Let's just keep taking our games one at a time, and not worry about what everybody else is doing. I remember being 5 points ahead of the verminous scum after the 6-1, and we only just scraped home in the end.

That isn't the discussion. The discussion is what happens IF we win the next 3. No one has said we will, but if we do how does that set the season up.

If folk can't wrap their head around the point being made and discussed, feel free to post "typical city blah blah" in the pre- match as you have completely missed what I have pointed out here.

Last Tuesday 70 minutes into game at home, and one goal up, if that chicken could not be counted, despite being nearly "hatched", i think its a little premature to start counting the next 3 "eggs" which may or may not hatch!

I will agree IF .........we win the next..................(3,4,5, 6,........33) things will certainly not deteriorate, are likely to improve, and if indeed we get towards 33 we could well win the title.

Last edited:
Pointless speculating like this. West Ham have beaten both Liverpool & Arsenal away so far & Payet is bang in form. Spurs away won't be easy in itself even if they're not in form at the moment. You say what if we win them & others drop points, sure that's great, but we could lose both & be completely pegged back too. One at a time for me.

Everyone plays everyone twice, so who plays who doesn't matter at this stage, we'll also have to play away at Arsenal.

shame there isnt somewhere to discuss and pointlessly speculate the possible outcomes of this weekends matches

sorry if anyone has already mentioned it, we could start a football forum

shame there isnt somewhere to discuss and pointlessly speculate the possible outcomes of this weekends matches

sorry if anyone has already mentioned it, we could start a football forum
Ah I guess it's also a shame there isn't somewhere people can have differing opinions to you on a subject.

If only such a place existed.

You'll notice that my post clearly says "for me". As in "my opinion". Or does this place you mention, a "forum", not allow those?

Cheers for your reply.

That isn't the discussion. The discussion is what happens IF we win the next 3. No one has said we will, but if we do how does that set the season up.

If folk can't wrap their head around the point being made and discussed, feel free to post "typical city blah blah" in the pre- match as you have completely missed what I have pointed out here.
I didn't miss your point at all. You're saying that, if we are 14 points ahead of Chelsea, that they're out of the running, yes? I'm saying they're not, not this early in the season. Maybe the 6-1 wasn't the best example I could have used. But the point I made earlier is pertinent to the thread. Chelsea were 8 points ahead of us further into the season and we reeled them back in the space of a few weeks. If you've been supporting City for long enough (and I've a hunch you have), then you'll know not to take anything for granted. I'm sorry if you think I'm having a pop at you personally; believe me, I'm not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.