The gap and the benefit of a perfect start

I already think 11 points is too much of a gap for them to close. I would be saying the same thing if it was the other way round. United are probably our nearest rivals this season, and truth be told i don't see them scoring enough goals to win the league, even without the 5 point start we have on them. Saturday is huge for us. West Ham have won both their away games (very tough games too) so if we can win, after coming off our first loss, it will be huge.

I already think 11 points is too much of a gap for them to close. I would be saying the same thing if it was the other way round. United are probably our nearest rivals this season, and truth be told i don't see them scoring enough goals to win the league, even without the 5 point start we have on them. Saturday is huge for us. West Ham have won both their away games (very tough games too) so if we can win, after coming off our first loss, it will be huge.

The reason 11 isn't too big is because it's so early. If we can maintain it for 2 months, simply matching Chelsea's results, then it'd start to get into the kind of territory where you say it's beyond them.

So looking forward at those batch of fixtures and if we can win through it's very feasible to see us pull way ahead of Chelsea

We're already way ahead of Chelsea, they have to create a bigger gap between us than there was last season to catch us.

It's tough at the top. Every team that play us will want to prove a point (nothing to lose). On the other hand if we do rip up the league (next 3 games), as it goes on we will have the aura where managers may rest players or they are beat in the tunnel. Domestic cup competitions could be very feasible. Let's get past the hammers first though

The reason 11 isn't too big is because it's so early. If we can maintain it for 2 months, simply matching Chelsea's results, then it'd start to get into the kind of territory where you say it's beyond them.

And what if 11 becomes 14 by Sat?

I like that we have a real chance of beating Arsenal's 14 game winning streak but I'm not getting ahead of myself, especially not after Tuesday

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.