The General Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 more seat and the Tories have officially won a majority with 9 still to declare.

Amazing stuff, mindblowing.

worsleyweb said:
totallywired said:
Yep, the tory scum won fair and square. It`s up to us workers, to stand up to the attacks on the NHS and other frontline services that the less fortunate people of our country need and rely on. The move to the right will be coming quickly. Immigrants, NHS, Disabled and mental heath sufferers and organised workers in Trade Unions, will all be targeted again. To the lib dems who supported this shower in the coalition, just fuck off and die.

Tory scum??

Fuck off and die??

Wonder how many of the people who voted Tory are workers? I would suggest a huge percentage.
I wouldn't even bother to rise to it.

Blue Maverick said:
So Labour as a party is now dead as they have lost the Scottish vote, so for the foreseeable future there will only be one party winning general elections!! Can they bring the Scottish border down just past manchester as let's face it a England = London and fuck all else. Bye bye public sector hello privitisation.

Actually, this is a big issue - this result could mean the end of the Labour party in any known form. How will it get back into power now - they may just decline away.

They are unlikely to get back into Scotland - how could they? And how are they going to appeal to the majority of English voters over the next 10 years? A lurch to the 'real left' maybe what British politics needs but do that and they will likely only become increasingly marginalised.

History may demonstrate that last night was a major shift in British politics in the same way you can point to previous major parties that faded away. I absolutely do not mean this to be a casual point - I feel that there needs to be a credible left of centre balance - but I am thinking that for Labour to get back they will have to lurch like Blair did and abandon their traditional values.

Blue Maverick said:
So Labour as a party is now dead as they have lost the Scottish vote, so for the foreseeable future there will only be one party winning general elections!! Can they bring the Scottish border down just past manchester as let's face it a England = London and fuck all else. Bye bye public sector hello privitisation.

what the same scotalnd that labour doesn't exist in pretty much. There are quite a few tory seats in the north swell and in london

Wilf Wild 1937 said:
Mëtal Bikër said:
the god Gerry Gow said:
The big issue for UKIP now is how many of those 4 million would vote UKIP again now that Farage, their only known face, has gone and a referendum on Europe will prob be held.

I would suspect and I am only guessing that there share of the vote will have collapsed by the next election
He's not gone, he's standing down as leader.

After the summer he's putting hs name forward as leader of the party. Essentially he's asking is party members "Do you still want me in charge? Here's your chance to have your say".

He's a typical two faced politician like those he says he opposes ...ironic really that Clegg has already properly resigned
and Miliband will in a few minutes.
Farage still clearly thinks he can do a job for UKIP, but is giving his party members the opportunity to say whether they share in his confidence. If they do, they'll re-elect him as their leader, if not, they'll choose someone else. Sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

Clegg's campaign has been a disaster. Hardly anyone in the country voted for the Lib Dems when around 5 million voted for UKIP. They're resigning their positions, not from the party.

Damocles said:
1 more seat and the Tories have officially won a majority with 9 still to declare.

Amazing stuff, mindblowing.

They'd have to do a Devon Loch Un*ted to lose it now.

Sinn Fein never take their seats - they're over the line already - G E T F U * * I N G I N T H E R E !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.