The General Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
DiscoSteve said:
Sinn Fein never take their seats - they're over the line already - G E T F U * * I N G I N T H E R E !

Obviously 323 is an effective majority but 326 is the "official" number.

dickie davies said:
Ancient Citizen said:
dickie davies said:
66% turn out, of which Dave received 36%, so only one in four of people who were eligible to vote, voted for the Conservatives
For christ's sake, this has been discussed to death. We have a first past the post system, it's what the electorate want.
An even lower percentage voted for Labour, they fucking lost, get over it.

As I said, I know how the system works, but it really brings home the apathy people have with voting when they know that their vote will not matter

That's where you are wrong. Votes obviously DO matter and the Tories got them. Anyone who doesn't vote cannot complain about the government that gets elected. As far as percentages are concerned, I bet you don't say this when the unions go on strike with a very small percentage in favour.

DiscoSteve said:
Sinn Fein never take their seats - they're over the line already - G E T F U * * I N G I N T H E R E !

Just a pity that's not a more general policy, like the one about taking their meds.

Paulpowersleftfoot said:
totallywired said:
Yep, the tory scum won fair and square. It`s up to us workers, to stand up to the attacks on the NHS and other frontline services that the less fortunate people of our country need and rely on. The move to the right will be coming quickly. Immigrants, NHS, Disabled and mental heath sufferers and organised workers in Trade Unions, will all be targeted again. To the lib dems who supported this shower in the coalition, just fuck off and die.

Just an embarrassing post
That is all
I thought it was cute.

Grrrr. Go on you workers. You tell them. Grrrr.

dickie davies said:
Normally celebrity politicians when ousted find a career in Europe. However there are that many in this election I bet the phone in Brussels was ringing like a University on clearing day
I can see Ed skedaddling over there to join the gravy train as a diversity and inclusivity guru, or some other meaningless post, only to be booted out after an EU referendum.
Losing can become a habit.

SWP's back said:
Paulpowersleftfoot said:
totallywired said:
Yep, the tory scum won fair and square. It`s up to us workers, to stand up to the attacks on the NHS and other frontline services that the less fortunate people of our country need and rely on. The move to the right will be coming quickly. Immigrants, NHS, Disabled and mental heath sufferers and organised workers in Trade Unions, will all be targeted again. To the lib dems who supported this shower in the coalition, just fuck off and die.

Just an embarrassing post
That is all
I thought it was cute.

Grrrr. Go on you workers. You tell them. Grrrr.

He's one of those UAF far left nutters. Bit of a loon to be honest.

Dickhead on ITV now saying he will try to start union strikes because of the result. Calls for electoral reform blah blah yet he is happy to call strikes when only 30% of members vote for it. Tosser.

Local election counts have started here now. Pretty much guaranteed to be a Labour led council - to the point that they actually had a motion last year complaining that they "lacked diversity" on some of their committees. It's essentially a bunch of Labour Councillors sat in a room talking each other and refusing to answer difficult questions posed by this Independent who keeps getting elected but literally sits taking the piss every meeting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.