The goalkeeper situation

I think Pep did it well with Bravo and Ter Stege. One played in the cups including Champions League and the other was mainly the league keeper.
Valdes and Pinto was Pep, but the same system. Bravo and Ter Stegen was Luis Enrique. It's been a standard thing in Spain for a long time.

We have done the same thing under Mancini, Pellegrini, and Pep.

Valdes and Pinto was Pep, but the same system. Bravo and Ter Stegen was Luis Enrique. It's been a standard thing in Spain for a long time.

We have done the same thing under Mancini, Pellegrini, and Pep.
Yeah you are right it was Enrique. If you split it like Enrique then esch keeper is going to play key matches. If you only play the domestic cups then I would say you are more the 2nd choice. Pinto did not play in key matches in the league or CL unless Valdes was injured.

If Ortega goes, I hope he doesn't. A curveball would be an ex premier league goalie training locally and without a club. Be gentle and considerate with the pile on.
Tin hat on;-)

Club rivalry aside. He is the polar opposite of the kind of ‘keeper Guardiola would be after.

We need to figure this out.

Ortega is good enough to be first choice.

I still think Pep and the club need to negotiate something with both of them that allows Ortega to play more league and champs league games. And pay them the same.

The guy is exceptional.

Sad to say this but one of the keepers has to go this summer
Ederson to Saudi - not happening
Ortega for £30m is a possibility

They are to good to not both play
In an ideal world you keep them both but can’t see it
This may be the big season for Ortega.
Eddie been injured 4 times now and I don’t think that will happen next season
Can see a move to Newcastle or the rags

Last edited:
We need to figure this out.

Ortega is good enough to be first choice.

I still think Pep and the club need to negotiate something with both of them that allows Ortega to play more league and champs league games. And pay them the same.

The guy is exceptional.
We have figured it out.
Ederson a brilliant first choice keeper.
Ortega a brilliant back up keeper.

Sad to say this but one of the keepers has to go this summer
Ederson to Saudi - not happening
Ortega for £30 is a possibility

They are to good to not both play
In an ideal world you keep them both but can’t see it
This may be the big season for Ortega.
Eddie been injured 4 times now and I don’t think that will happen next season
Can see a move to Newcastle or the rags

Selling Ortega to another premier league side would be absolutely mental.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.