The goalkeeper situation

Yeah i got to say I dont understand this obsession with disliking Ederson. He's good enough overall. Excellent in fact when you look at his long term input to our achievements. Crucial in fact.

Ortega is a close close 2nd to Ederson. And we are so blessed.
And some quickly forget his contribution in the CL final

Pretty sure Ortega would be more than happy with 8 to 10 cup domestic cup appearances plus eight Champions League group games and a couple of PL games if Ederson gets injured. Ederson could then be starting PL goalkeeper and Champions League knockouts starter.
Ridiculous.

What happens when we have a Southampton away again and half of Ortegas games disappear. As for dropping him for knockouts in the CL, I'm sure he will be buzzing with that. All his hard work to get us there and he's dropped for Ederson.

Ortega is capable of being a number one at 99% of clubs. Thankfully most clubs are pretty stupid and probably won't bid for him but if they do and I'm sure we are looking at 20m+ then he will go and we will sign someone else.

Eddie is an anomaly in what he does, he’ll struggle massively under a new regime but while pep is here he stays between the posts…
Ederson will be here as long as he is capable of being here. If Pep goes we aren't bringing in Sam Allardyce FFS. It will be a Pep regen.

Ederson is irreplaceable. Ortega is not.

If Ortega can earn more elsewhere as a number 1, well done to him.

We will find a replacement.

Eddie is an anomaly in what he does, he’ll struggle massively under a new regime but while pep is here he stays between the posts…

The brain farts are heightened because they are few and far between, he literally is the fuel that gets the engine motoring; find me a keeper who’s skills set is a mean 7/8 out of 10 in all areas, it doesn’t exist outside ederson…

A legend of the most dominant era from a team in the prem, you’ll miss him when he’s gone!
When he is gone, we shall never see his like again. Enjoy him while you can.

I always look to see what he'll do with the ball when playing, more so than our outfield/creative players. His range is a work of art.

I'm almost glad we got Bravo before him, just so I can appreciate him that much more, and not take him for granted.

If I were to select a first 11 in my all time city team, he would be my starting goalkeeper.

I was upset when Hart left, but when eddie rocked up here, and I saw how brave he was running out and taking Mane's boot in the face when playing liverpool, I knew we had a good un, and that's before I saw his passing.

There is no pickle, Ederson is the undisputed number 1, he's been in great form, won us many points and many trophies, just so happened to have had some really unfortunate injuries this season.

Luckily we have a top class number 2. We do have a battle on our hands keeping Ortega but you don't keep your number 2 by upsetting your number 1.

Rotating keepers has never worked, it's a football manager theory. If Ortega decides to leave it will be a loss and I don't think we can get a better replacement but we'll cope. We picked him up on a free transfer from a relegated Bundesliga club, not saying we can do it again to the same success but pur scouting network will have targets if we need to replace him and we should be banking a hefty fee for him.

Backup goalkeepers don't usually stick around too long, unfortunately. It's a shame, but it is what it is. If he wants to stay longer though, get him signed up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.