The Greatest Achievement in Football?

You dirty ****, you will be on congratulating the scousers on winning 6 chumps leagues later.

Some coal tar soap and Detol couldn't get you back clean after that post.
Ha! Ha! Knew it would invite a bit (a lot) of opprobrium but the fact that particular treble has only been done once shows IMHO, how hard it is/was. Our points haul over 2 seasons is unlikely to ever be matched though, unless we beat it.

Even our own Raheem has noticed that. I saw a quote from him about the fact that no one has made a big deal out of the treble. If another team had done it a lot more would have made of it, of the team and as individuals. He even mentions last season when we won the league with 100 points. He pointed out that people don't seem to realise that it is not easy.

But let's face it, we just keep on showing them all up. That's Man City the best team in the land in all the world.

https://www.ft.com/content/4822b158-819c-11e9-9935-ad75bb96c849 ...................... a very interesting interview with our Raheem. Great little guy. :-)
I think we just have to sit back and bath in their resentment and envy,unfortunately for our detractors they can pretend to their bitter hearts content that we didn't achieve an incredible and unprecedented domestic treble - but the record books will forever state different!

What City did is not the greatest achievement in football ever but it is without doubt one of the greatest in the English domestic game. Holding all four domestic trophies at the end of a season has never been done before. It's a stunning achievement that has not had the accolades that it deserves.

Just wait for the fuss over a team that is self evidently not the best in its own country winning the UCL. It's a pity but not worth getting bitter about. We're the lucky ones who get to really enjoy this City side. Next year, they just need to follow-up by finally winning the UCL (oh and retaining the title).
So tell me which club side anywhere ever has won its last 14 league games of the season, AND won their league by a point or less? No one ever has. The point is the margin was so tight, 13 wins and 1 draw and we’d have been fucked, so the pressure was enormous. Add to that we won the league cup and the fa cup in that period. For me it is the greatest achievement in football ever, and yet all we read about was how fucking great Flopp and his dippers were

Without doubt getting 32 million off city for Mangala.....never be matched again his agent could probably achieve a great deal brexit for uk in about 6 hours....that good.

You dirty ****, you will be on congratulating the scousers on winning 6 chumps leagues later.

Some coal tar soap and Detol couldn't get you back clean after that post.
This post by no means is an achievement but tbf it takes some bottle

I once got Man Blue into Master League 1 and into the EUFA Cup final using only the default players on Pro Evo.

Castolo was a beast of a striker, and Minanda ran the midfield show.

Leicester winning the league for me. Came out of nowhere. Saying that what we have achieved this year under sustained pressure has also been remarkable

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.