The Greengrocer's Apostrophe

Didsbury Dave said:
m27 said:
Be honest; how many times did you re-read and amend that post before pressing submit?

I thought the same.

What about you, m27? That semi-colon looks a bit too contrived to me.

Surely it should be M27, anyway?

You got me with the semi-colon. My first English teacher always said that a correctly used semi-colon always impressed him. Always stuck with me that.

It should be 'M27' but I prefer the look of 'm27'. I liken myself to Prince when he was just 'symbol'.

m27 said:
quiet_riot said:
I cannot abide incorrect grammar, spelling and punctuation. I know it shouldn't, but it drives me up the fucking wall.

Be honest; how many times did you re-read and amend that post before pressing submit?

Ha! Just the once. I'm fairly confident in my literary abilities. I will hold my hands up though, I make the odd mistake when typing too fast.

Just to save us all the bother of checking and rechecking every post on this thread, can we all agree that minor errors are excused in the interests of fluency on forums?

Prestwich_Blue said:
Bluebird1 said:
Unfortunately, as a PA/Secretary, I have spent all of my working life ensuring that the spelling of reports/presentations etc is correct.
Comma after "reports", not a "/" then another after "presentations" and a full-stop after "etc."

Hehe, wondered if they would spotted. Should have known it would be you;-)

True about the text speech though.

Didsbury Dave said:
Just to save us all the bother of checking and rechecking every post on this thread, can we all agree that minor errors are excused in the interests of fluency on forums?

If you would of read most of the post's you would realise their not checking them anyways.

It killed me to type that.

gaudinhos stolen car said:
Didsbury Dave said:

If you would of read most of the post's you would realise their not checking them anyways.

It killed me to type that.

Mate, you are on seriously thin ice, to be honest.

Look at your user name....

m27 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I thought the same.

What about you, m27? That semi-colon looks a bit too contrived to me.

Surely it should be M27, anyway?

You got me with the semi-colon. My first English teacher always said that a correctly used semi-colon always impressed him. Always stuck with me that.

It should be 'M27' but I prefer the look of 'm27'. I liken myself to Prince when he was just 'symbol'.

The semicolon: The most feared punctuation on Earth.

Bluebird1 said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Comma after "reports", not a "/" then another after "presentations" and a full-stop after "etc."

I can't do text speak either. Us oldies have our standards but the predictive text on the HTC Hero is really good and it's usually quicker to enter the full word anyway.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Bluebird1 said:

I can't do text speak either. Us oldies have our standards but the predictive text on the HTC Hero is really good and it's usually quicker to enter the full word anyway.

I don't do text speak but I am prepared to accept that's my age.

It took me until this year to prick up the courage to even do this ;-)

It was only because I kept pissing people off with jokes they didn't get.

LOL - nope.
PMSL - yes, occasionally, but I doubt myself a bit when I do it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.