The Harry and Meghan fuss

I think it's a bit more complicated.

Certainly the 1917 declaration limits prince/princess titles to monarch, children and grandchildren. Obviously no-one thought that there would be an occasion with great-grandchildren, and that's why it was changed for George/Charlotte/Louis. It seems inconceivable that this was not known, and the interview allowed the water to be muddied heavily by the complete lack of challenge.

As such, there is no doubt that Archie should not currently be Prince Archie.

As you touch on, it's pretty widely reported that Charles and William have drawn up plans to slim the monarchy down - I've seen that reported (but nothing more, i.e. with no official confirmation) that what was talked about in the interview was that these plans would exclude Archie from becoming Prince (without something catastrophic happening). At that point, it could be potentially be news to them - at that point, it turns into whether what was known has been misrepresented or not.

The Sussexes indicated in the interview that they had expected Archie would be given the title of prince after Charles acceded the throne, but that they had been told that protocols would be changed - in line with Charles’s wish for a slimmed down monarchy - so that Archie would be excluded from becoming an HRH and prince.

As you say it is complex. There was obviously a breakdown in communication, and this wasn't helped by the discussion of race and colour (if you assume that such a conversation took place).

Although it could be a constructed narrative based on untruths. But that still wouldn't change my opinion on monarchy though, it is an anachronism that doesn't belong in a modern 21st century. I wouldn't shed a tear if it collapsed because of lies.

Last edited:
The Times has an article saying that the investigation into bullying allegations against both Harry & Meghan has been handed over to an outside law firm. This is interesting as normally you would expect at best a discreet internal check followed by not a lot.

The article says that the most serious allegations aren't yet in the public domain and many of them are 'harrowing'. If these claims are found to be true by an independent investigation then you'd expect the pair of them to be finished in the UK but I suppose that won't bother at least one of them.

The Times has an article saying that the investigation into bullying allegations against both Harry & Meghan has been handed over to an outside law firm. This is interesting as normally you would expect at best a discreet internal check followed by not a lot.

The article says that the most serious allegations aren't yet in the public domain and many of them are 'harrowing'. If these claims are found to be true by an independent investigation then you'd expect the pair of them to be finished in the UK but I suppose that won't bother at least one of them.

They decamped to the US. Their target audience is not the UK and certainly not Times readers. They are establishing a brand outside the UK and courting media that will assist them for mutual benefit.

Any investigation into ‘bullying’ will be seen as an attempt to smear them, specifically Meghan. The most obvious question being if this bullying was so ‘harrowing’ would it have come to light if relations had been cordial and Meghan not pushed back against the Palace? The answer is no it wouldn’t.

As ever the reaction from the Establishment is just as stupid and blind as their initial behaviour was. Quite how the dumb fucks running the Palace operation didn’t spot the media gold in a mixed race Princess from US/Canada and her appeal to a younger more diverse generation and to the wider Commonwealth, is beyond me.

They decamped to the US. Their target audience is not the UK and certainly not Times readers. They are establishing a brand outside the UK and courting media that will assist them for mutual benefit.

Any investigation into ‘bullying’ will be seen as an attempt to smear them, specifically Meghan. The most obvious question being if this bullying was so ‘harrowing’ would it have come to light if relations had been cordial and Meghan not pushed back against the Palace? The answer is no it wouldn’t.

As ever the reaction from the Establishment is just as stupid and blind as their initial behaviour was. Quite how the dumb fucks running the Palace operation didn’t spot the media gold in a mixed race Princess from US/Canada and her appeal to a younger more diverse generation and to the wider Commonwealth, is beyond me.

So you couldn't care less if they bullied their staff? They had a huge churn with their staff over a very short period and seemingly none of them stuck around very long. I'd be very interested to hear what those staff members recall as 'their truth'.

I am not a royalist or anti royal.

I have seen a few bits of this interview and it just seems to contradict themselves in my eyes.

Dont want to work for the royals but still want the freebies and titles.

Why are they so bothered about archie not being a prince when they dont work for the royals ?
Why did they try to say it was down to skin colour when infact it can only happen when Charles is king. Why didnt they not know their facts or was it to try and make it seem more than it is ?

Other working royals pay for their own security yet them being none working still want his tax payers to pay theirs !

To accuse someone of asking what colour will the baby be, but not naming them so putting all the royals under a cloud.

They dont want to be in the press/media but are never out of it ! I never hear of Anne or Edward they seem quite capable of staying out of the press/media.

Funny isnt the royals have only had two Americans in the royal family and both seem to have been trouble !

Is it just me but the more I think about it the more it all looked stage, like it had been rehearsed afew times.

Oprah’s media company is a multi billion dollar enterprise, so yes, lighting, camera positions, blocking shots, question rhythm, timing, flow, etc all of this would have been rehearsed and gone through.

They weren’t popping round to shoot a YouTube video with a mate in their front room, they were launching a promotional video for a global audience. It’s as slick and professional as you would expect from Oprah’s production company and two participants who make a living in the public eye.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.