The Harry and Meghan fuss

This thread occasionally derails.

Maybe we need a are the royal family a bunch of cunts thread?
Perhaps rather than derailing, threads about wannabees of no great interest themselves just run out of steam or hit the buffers?

Were you a teenage Goth?

:)
Haha... certainly in outlook but never dressed like one ;-)
Being taken from my chronically mentally ill mother (Dad buggered off when I was a baby, couldn't handle her illness at all) and being raised by grandparents from the age of about 5 was a bit "different" in the late 60s where we lived. It wasn't always easy, even though my grandparents were wonderful. It was like a dark cloud hanging over us.

Anyway, I'm not going to comment further about Harry and Meghan. It's pointless, as we are all the sum of our parts and each poster thinks their opinion is the correct one (my other half would definitely nod his head in my direction at that one, lol).

I just hope that one day William and Harry can find some common ground again. Blood family is very important I think (at least it was for me).

Haha... certainly in outlook but never dressed like one ;-)
Being taken from my chronically mentally ill mother (Dad buggered off when I was a baby, couldn't handle her illness at all) and being raised by grandparents from the age of about 5 was a bit "different" in the late 60s where we lived. It wasn't always easy, even though my grandparents were wonderful. It was like a dark cloud hanging over us.

Anyway, I'm not going to comment further about Harry and Meghan. It's pointless, as we are all the sum of our parts and each poster thinks their opinion is the correct one (my other half would definitely nod his head in my direction at that one, lol).

I just hope that one day William and Harry can find some common ground again. Blood family is very important I think (at least it was for me).

Yeah I can understand why you would feel different and somewhat of a social outcast. People can be right arseholes when it comes to sticking their noses in or making others feel unwelcome for no good reason.

That’s fair enough on the last few paragraphs. I've been pretty transparent in declaring my interest in this topic being mainly motivated by the desire for the monarchy to collapse under the own weight of internecine bickering.

I know you won't agree with that position.

We can have sympathy with them for their experiences to an extent (but not unlimited) and I don't find them to be particularly likeable or even interesting people. I personally find them to be self-absorbed narcissists who spend far too much time talking about themselves.

Yeah I can understand why you would feel different and somewhat of a social outcast. People can be right arseholes when it comes to sticking their noses in or making others feel unwelcome for no good reason.

That’s fair enough on the last few paragraphs. I've been pretty transparent in declaring my interest in this topic being mainly motivated by the desire for the monarchy to collapse under the own weight of internecine bickering.

I know you won't agree with that position.

We can have sympathy with them for their experiences to an extent (but not unlimited) and I don't find them to be particularly likeable or even interesting people. I personally find them to be self-absorbed narcissists who spend far too much time talking about themselves.
Thank you.

And your last paragraph I completely agree with.

I want any royal family (very slimmed down, hopefully) to just do their "duty", do the ceremonial pagentry (at which we are second to none) and shut up. That's the trade off and one I can live with. I don't need to be preached to by someone (no matter who it is,) that has absolutely no real understanding of how the man or woman on the street lives their life.

I don't need a "Princess of Hearts" or any such vomit inducing crap.

Be a "royal," get the tourists in and do "good works" quietly thanks

Thank you.

And your last paragraph I completely agree with.

I want any royal family (very slimmed down, hopefully) to just do their "duty", do the ceremonial pagentry (at which we are second to none) and shut up. That's the trade off and one I can live with. I don't need to be preached to by someone (no matter who it is,) that has absolutely no real understanding of how the man or woman on the street lives their life.

I don't need a "Princess of Hearts" or any such vomit inducing crap.

Be a "royal," get the tourists in and do "good works" quietly thanks

Unfortunately being a royal in the modern age is reliant on becoming an exaggerated celebrity to get support from the great unwashed.

Before this period of celebrity Charles affair with Camilla would have been the norm. He probably would have had more mistresses, and even some illegitimate children.

Whether the Mountbatten-Windsor dynasty can survive the era of the Kardashians, influencers and social media remains to be seen.

Hopefully the most adaptable shape-shifting of monarchy becomes extinct like its continental cousins.

Maybe if all uk press absolutely refused to publish anything at all about them, then they might soon spiral into irrelevence.

The press who keep them relevant for the press - thats all. And of course their sad readers lap it up.

the amount of fake headlines and articles written about them is laughable

Yet some think it’s down to them!

meanwhile, they seem to be ignoring all that crap and work for mental health and various charities. They are good people.

unlike the sad fuckers who slag them off whilst watching GB news

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.