The Harry and Meghan fuss

And considering in the interview they’ve said it wasn’t a senior royal who questioned his skin colour, I would suggest there’s zero evidence that’s why.

It doesn't have to be a senior Royal to influence the decision. I always assumed the implication when they said it wasn't a relative or senior royal was that it was one of the senior advisers to the Queen, either one of her private secretaries or someone on the privy council - ie the people who spend their lives telling her what she can and can't do or what's best for her.

These were the same people who told the Queen and Charles they shound't try and stop the media circus around Diana, said they shouldn't sue the papers to stop the harrassment and I think they make up the establishment Harry has hated since he was a kid because they stopped his close family acting like family to each other.

It doesn't have to be a senior Royal to influence the decision. I always assumed the implication when they said it wasn't a relative or senior royal was that it was one of the senior advisers to the Queen, either one of her private secretaries or someone on the privy council - ie the people who spend their lives telling her what she can and can't do or what's best for her.

These were the same people who told the Queen and Charles they shound't try and stop the media circus around Diana, said they shouldn't sue the papers to stop the harrassment and I think they make up the establishment Harry has hated since he was a kid because they stopped his close family acting like family to each other.
All reports were that it was a Royal. The “unnamed Royal” comes up in every headline when you Google it.

Of course that doesn’t definitely make it so but surely an adviser could be sacked easily for racism, if Harry wasn’t happy with what they said?

This whole conversation is just another example as to why the monarchy should have no place in the constitution of a modern State.
Do you think we’ve had less controversy with Boris?

Imagine President Boris

Really?

The Royal Households are exempt from equality legislation.
You don’t think Harry, at the time, could have got rid of someone for racism against his unborn child.

You don’t think he’d have the power to do that, equality legislation or not?

You don’t think Harry, at the time, could have got rid of someone for racism against his unborn child.

You don’t think he’d have the power to do that, equality legislation or not?

He was/is a junior royal not the king.

We are straying into the land of speculation here.

I'm not really interested in your unsubstantiated allegations and very unfounded gossip.

mad-hatter-2.jpg

He was/is a junior royal not the king.

We are straying into the land of speculation here.

I'm not really interested in your unsubstantiated allegations and very unfounded gossip.

mad-hatter-2.jpg

“unsubstantiated allegations and very unfounded gossip” is what I am accusing Meghan of!

We’re on about two different things pal.

I’m on about her saying Archie wasn’t selected as a Prince due to racism, in the Oprah interview.

When she would have known none of her kids ever would due to Royal protocol changing a century ago.

I don’t believe for a second she didn’t know that and to claim racism is terrible.
her kids are now prince and princess

This is the direct quote from Meghan:

She was clearly upset at the “idea of the first member of colour in this family not being titled in the same way that other grandchildren would be”.
“It’s not their right to take away,” she told Oprah Winfrey.

I don’t believe for a second she actually thought that was the reason. She will have checked whether her children would be Prince or Princesses under Royal protocol well before she did that interview.
She was talking about their security taken away from the kids because they were not at the time titled , context if you are going to make a quote

The point about anti-establishment is invalid, in my view. If the establishment behaves in a way contrary to modern values, like being exempt from race and sex discrimination law around recruitment, then, of course, they deserve focus - for too long have many in this nation doffed their caps and turned the other cheek.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.