The haters poll

Re: The haters can f*ck off poll

Mugatu said:
Danburge is right, people CAN say we're not been great in the CL, because it's true. It's not "hating", it's just correct analysis. I haven't seen anyone yet "label us as failures" and if they did that would be a naive comment, it's early yet and nobody wins the CL on their first attempt.

For the poll, PL is the priority, always has been.
Cant agree with this. How many publications have wilfully scoffed at our inexperience in Europe? Seasoned veterans of sports reporting have been all too boringly predictable when writing about us. They are the ones who seem to believe that instant funding means instant success, not us. How many hacks have set us up for a fall when the good Sheikh took over and continue to sensationalise our failings no matter how small?

No one can argue that we played poorly against Napoli and the press were right to report it. However,can they say overall the jibes about money spent v results in the CL is 'correct analysis'?

Some of these people have been reporting for decades and they know full well it takes more than a rich benefactor and a willing spirit to succeed in the CL, especially given the pedigree of those in our group.

It takes experience on all levels of that particular competition to give us a fighting chance and while some reporting on it may be naive enough to think that money is a solution, there are others who should know better.

ps. PL this year please...

Let's establish ourselves as THE team in the PL over next 2/3 years.

Barca, Real, Bayern etc can wait a little while longer.

Anyone in the press agitating for more is just trying to grab a cheap headline or two.

colourmeblue said:
No one can argue that we played poorly against Napoli and the press were right to report it.

I can and will...I don't think we played badly at all...the game i watched saw a city side dominate for large sections...what cost us were two very soft goals conceded.
At 1-1 I could only see one team winning and we should have gone in 2-1 up if Kolarov had got his head up and squared to Dzeko instead of shooting.
Balo should have buried both chances he had second half.Just imagine if they had gone in. People would be praising the ongoing city juggernaut...fine lines.
I still think there's a twist in this group.

Blue Tooth said:
colourmeblue said:
No one can argue that we played poorly against Napoli and the press were right to report it.

I can and will...I don't think we played badly at all...the game i watched saw a city side dominate for large sections...what cost us were two very soft goals conceded.
At 1-1 I could only see one team winning and we should have gone in 2-1 up if Kolarov had got his head up and squared to Dzeko instead of shooting.
Balo should have buried both chances he had second half.Just imagine if they had gone in. People would be praising the ongoing city juggernaut...fine lines.
I hear what youre saying but I was thinking more in terms of tactics/team selection and how we approached the game. One sure thing though, every game in the CL is invaluable to us in terms of experience, possibly none moreso than the next one due to whats at stake.

colourmeblue said:
Blue Tooth said:
colourmeblue said:

I hear what youre saying but I was thinking more in terms of tactics/team selection and how we approached the game. One sure thing though, every game in the CL is invaluable to us in terms of experience, possibly none moreso than the next one due to whats at stake.

I think I am in a minority of people on this...I was happy with the set up and tactics...my only gripe was our build up was too pedestrian at times and we gave Napoli too much time to get organised defensively...still done now...on to Bayern...still a twist ;)

Don't worry they will be singing a different tune if we win the title.

I think the 95% you allude to will actually be nearer to 99%.

Prem. this season and the Prem. (again) + Champions League in the next 2 seasons.

CTWD.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.