The haters poll

Re: The haters can f*ck off poll

Premier League every year for me. CL is just a bonus!

At the beginning of the season I would have said CL as it is the most competitive football competition on earth (including the World Cup). Where we sit now though, the Prem is the goal BUT we have to keep performing in the Euorpa League. Our situation in the CL was particularly difficult this season because of being in the third pot. We need to get up into the second pot...winning the Europa Cup should get us there.

The long term future and success of the club depends on success in the CL. That is where the money is and that is where the real competition is. Once you are a world class club (and we are there), its the CL that matters most.

Premiership.

People also forget how quickly we've progressed - how many people this summer thought we'd be 5 points ahead at this stage and now be favourites? I think it'll go down to the wire, United are always strong in the second half of the season and will probably be the main challengers.

Champions League was always going to be tough given the group, and again it's a measure of the progress made when it's newsworthy that we might go out.

Premier League for me as well.
For the record only a total pessimist should dismiss City's chances of progressing in the Champions League this year. We will beat an unmotivated Bayern and Villareal will not want to end on zero points. Looking at the odds for us to qualify on Betfair we are around 3.6 or 11/4ish in old money. Thats about the same odds as Bolton v Everton to end in a draw tomorrow. Hardly impossible.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.