The Holistic Approach

East Level 2 said:
Shadz69 said:
Winning an Fa cup and league in succesive seasons were really the building blocks of a footballing empire.I find it strange haw some fans can just dismiss them and we are only starting now to build this dynasty.No matter what comes in the next few years we stand on the shoulders of giants.
They certainly should have been the building blocks and I think Pellers will get a bit of stick if we have another pot-free season. We know we've spent a fortune (we can't go five bloody minutes without being reminded of the fact) but winning the cup and league showed we had spent it wisely. Had we not been treated to the collective brain-fart at Wembley another block would have been in place and added justification to the spending.
We are trying to introduce a holistic approach by grafting it onto the current structure, hence generally buying younger players, but we still need to be winning things to attract the occasional marquee signing as well as the best kids.
But somehow I think Pellers knows what he is doing. I don't know why; it's just a gut instinct. Or perhaps I thought Mancini was going about things the wrong way and am just glad we've got someone with a decent man-management record.
We won't know if the holistic approach is working for several years and Sorrano has already said he wants an average of a trophy a year. - So no pressure then!!

I agree pelli looks the real deal from what I have seen so far and I would'nt slate him if we win nothing this season,I really would like to have a manager for 4,5 or more seasons and see where it takes us.

East Level 2 said:
Shadz69 said:
Winning an Fa cup and league in succesive seasons were really the building blocks of a footballing empire.I find it strange haw some fans can just dismiss them and we are only starting now to build this dynasty.No matter what comes in the next few years we stand on the shoulders of giants.
They certainly should have been the building blocks and I think Pellers will get a bit of stick if we have another pot-free season. We know we've spent a fortune (we can't go five bloody minutes without being reminded of the fact) but winning the cup and league showed we had spent it wisely. Had we not been treated to the collective brain-fart at Wembley another block would have been in place and added justification to the spending.
We are trying to introduce a holistic approach by grafting it onto the current structure, hence generally buying younger players, but we still need to be winning things to attract the occasional marquee signing as well as the best kids.
But somehow I think Pellers knows what he is doing. I don't know why; it's just a gut instinct. Or perhaps I thought Mancini was going about things the wrong way and am just glad we've got someone with a decent man-management record.
We won't know if the holistic approach is working for several years and Sorrano has already said he wants an average of a trophy a year. - So no pressure then!!
What younger players have we bought this summer?<br /><br />-- Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:03 pm --<br /><br />
johnmc said:
hgblue said:
People who believe the signing of RVP wasn't pivotal in the tital race last season don't know what they're talking about imo.

Who said he wasnt? I am talking about people who state that RVP won them the league? How can anyone say this as "fact"?
You can't. Fact.

So by that interpretation "Holistic" means a balanced 1st team squad.
Very different to the usual interpretations espoused on here.

Given that we were in for a Jovetic already last preseason and we've missed some of our targets this time I don't think the transfer policy is any different. If anything it's the opposite of the more "holistic" youth first policy of last time.

My interpretation for what it's worth is that the term was used directly at the managers character and was misused to mean less autocratic.

We appear to have a less autocratic manager in place. Lets hope he can achieve the 5 trophies in 5 years target that he's been set. If he does, it will be great for us and the making of his reputation.

Gelsons Dad said:
So by that interpretation "Holistic" means a balanced 1st team squad.
Very different to the usual interpretations espoused on here.

Given that we were in for a Jovetic already last preseason and we've missed some of our targets this time I don't think the transfer policy is any different. If anything it's the opposite of the more "holistic" youth first policy of last time.

My interpretation for what it's worth is that the term was used directly at the managers character and was misused to mean less autocratic.

We appear to have a less autocratic manager in place. Lets hope he can achieve the 5 trophies in 5 years target that he's been set. If he does, it will be great for us and the making of his reputation.
He won't be here 5 years.

It's disingenuous if not downright sly to compare the signings made in this window with the transfer business of last season as if that was Mancini's failing. Roberto Mancini didn't get his targets and was publically critical of the dealmakers at the club for not producing the goods.. This season we may well have signed better players, but that's no reflection on the manager - past or present. What it does reflect is that Marwood is no longer in charge of business and a greater willingness to work hard on the part of the club's current exec team.

mammutly said:
It's disingenuous if not downright sly to compare the signings made in this window with the transfer business of last season as if that was Mancini's failing. Roberto Mancini didn't get his targets and was publically critical of the dealmakers at the club for not producing the goods.. This season we may well have signed better players, but that's no reflection on the manager - past or present. What it does reflect is that Marwood is no longer in charge of business and a greater willingness to work hard on the part of the club's current exec team.
Will you just shut up?

Honestly, I thought about this...you got off lightly.

bluemoon risin' said:
Holistic bullshit. Score one more goal than your opponents and the game is won, simple as that.
I refer back to the Luddite point.<br /><br />-- Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:35 pm --<br /><br />
mammutly said:
Without clue.

Joycee Banercheck said:
mammutly said:
Will you just shut up?

I always love these reasoned ripostes.

mammutly said:
Joycee Banercheck said:
mammutly said:
Will you just shut up?

I always love these reasoned ripostes.
Mut, could have been a lot worse. I think you try to be a c**t. You do a good job too. That was reasoned.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.