The home brew thread

Bilboblue said:
mscenterh750 said:
Ruby red is kegged but nearly had a disaster, the tap was leaking air around the seal, but with a bit of ptfe and vaseline the leak has stopped (spoke to brewuk this morning, and there is a fault with the tap, so they are sending a new one). Chardonnay is nearly ready for the next phase, and I've a coopers stout that may go on today, but I'm considering adding a can of treacle and spray malt to it prior to fermentation.

Treacle? Why?
Bit of an experiment to see how it tastes, and will be adding extra dark spray malt too.

Its the Woodfordes Taxi..
The trouble is, when people say spring water, to me that means sparkling water!
Do'h!!!!
Ah well, maybe I'll of invented a better way to brew ale lol!???
It looks ok now, its bubbling away slowly....
We will see what happens?
Cheers for the advice Taxi

gazhinio said:
Its the Woodfordes Taxi..
The trouble is, when people say spring water, to me that means sparkling water!
Do'h!!!!
Ah well, maybe I'll of invented a better way to brew ale lol!???
It looks ok now, its bubbling away slowly....
We will see what happens?
Cheers for the advice Taxi

Haha
Het is veilig

Maybe you were thinking of Peckham spring : 0
Let us know how you go on pal ;

Evening all

I was bottling today and I've done a little You Tube video showing how i bottle using the little bottler for any who are interested. Apologies for the voiceover and dodgy camera angle, but it wasn't the easiest trying to film and bottle at the same time.... though was possible!

http://youtu.be/q9Gh_OpfOI4

Crabbers said:
Evening all

I was bottling today and I've done a little You Tube video showing how i bottle using the little bottler for any who are interested. Apologies for the voiceover and dodgy camera angle, but it wasn't the easiest trying to film and bottle at the same time.... though was possible!

Excellent video crabbers and I've give it the thumbs up on tube. What a brilliant little device, and have ordered one along with the fermentation vessel and tap.

mscenterh750 said:
Crabbers said:
Evening all

Excellent video crabbers and I've give it the thumbs up on tube. What a brilliant little device, and have ordered one along with the fermentation vessel and tap.

It is really quite good. Can be a little tricky towards the end as the tap sits higher than the last few litres of beer, but its light enough to gently tilt the bucket and still bottle easily enough using the bottler. I managed it on my own today without any problems, but an extra pair of hands, if available, can make it extremely easy to get those last few bottles out of it.

Taximania said:
Crabbers said:
Evening all

Ben tell me how to do it
Quality mate
Do you need a special mike
The sound quality was top bannana
Pm me mate with a walk through

Brilliant mate absolutely Brilliant !

Sent you a PM Taxi.... but really didn't use anything other than my 3 year old mobile phone!

Crabbers said:
Evening all

Nothing to apologise for fella, nice to see it in action, I have ordered this and picking it up tomorrow, will be doing my American IPA this Sunday, as well as my second Wherry's (now that I have two fermenters!)

Taximania said:
Bilboblue said:
Crabbers said:
Evening all

Nothing to apologise for fella, nice to see it in action, I have ordered this and picking it up tomorrow, will be doing my American IPA this Sunday, as well as my second Wherry's (now that I have two fermenters!)

You still want the king keg pal
Know your location and difficult for pick up
Not heavy at all though

Next match for me will be the Sheff Wednesday
Too many airports on chelski day
If u changed your mind its no probs as it will fly away
Let us now pal for sure

I am as full as a frog and the night is yet young
I love the you-tube
Biggest dukebox in the world and free !

Chow for now
Taxi;

Yep still wanting it Taxi.

Can't make the Sheff Wed game, will let you know next time I am up.

If you need to sell it quick then that's fine, otherwise I'll get it when it's convenient for us both mate.

Bilboblue said:
Taximania said:
Bilboblue said:

You still want the king keg pal
Know your location and difficult for pick up
Not heavy at all though

Next match for me will be the Sheff Wednesday
Too many airports on chelski day
If u changed your mind its no probs as it will fly away
Let us now pal for sure

I am as full as a frog and the night is yet young
I love the you-tube
Biggest dukebox in the world and free !

Chow for now
Taxi;

Yep still wanting it Taxi.

Can't make the Sheff Wed game, will let you know next time I am up.

If you need to sell it quick then that's fine, otherwise I'll get it when it's convenient for us both mate.

No problem mate
Multi millionaires us cabbies

Thank god for Aldis
It has your name stamped firmly on it : )

Adios

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.