The home brew thread

SiMCFC said:
Fancy giving this a go, can anyone recommend any decent ciders to try out?

'Magnum' or 'On the Rocks' is good and easy to start. 'On the Rocks' do some good fruit ciders.

RP2 said:
SiMCFC said:

'Magnum' or 'On the Rocks' is good and easy to start. 'On the Rocks' do some good fruit ciders.

Thanks mate, will have a search now, are they 'fizzy' or do I need to add the fizziness? A few years ago a neighbour made some bright orange stuff that was incredibly strong but very flat

SiMCFC said:
RP2 said:
SiMCFC said:

Thanks mate, will have a search now, are they 'fizzy' or do I need to add the fizziness? A few years ago a neighbour made some bright orange stuff that was incredibly strong but very flat
Presuming the process is the same with cider as it is with beer, then yes, you add the carbonation yourself and you can tailor it to your preferred level of fizziness. There's a couple of ways to do it but the easiest is to mix your fermented beer (cider?) With a small amount of sugar solution (I use approx 120g of normal cane sugar mixed into 250ml boiled water) before bottling or kegging.

Will be kegging up my first Wherry's tomorrow.

Have the choice of doing an American IPA, a Saison or another Wherry's next, what would you do people?

Bilboblue said:
Will be kegging up my first Wherry's tomorrow.

Have the choice of doing an American IPA, a Saison or another Wherry's next, what would you do people?
The American IPA

Been to a Welsh beer festival this weekend and sampled some fine stout and bitters. If any of you ale aficionados are interested next year, it's held in Llanbedr near Barmouth, and is £3.50 to get in, which buys you a nice pint pot to use and take home, you then buy tokens, 1=£1.50 for half & 2=£3 for a pint. I bought a pint pot and had halves, but they measured 3 quarters of a pint.

Sounds good that mscentreh750...

Just kegged up the first Wherry's kit, had a small taster, very nice.

Will do the American IPA later this week methinks.

Happy brewing all.

Bilboblue said:

Happy brewing all.
It was a messy affair but a superb weekend. Is the wherry a nice brew?. I've got my ruby red conditioning in the garage at the moment, and will be putting a coopers stout on in the week, with a few adjustments.

Happy piss ups.

mscenterh750 said:
Bilboblue said:

Happy brewing all.
It was a messy affair but a superb weekend. Is the wherry a nice brew?. I've got my ruby red conditioning in the garage at the moment, and will be putting a coopers stout on in the week, with a few adjustments.

Happy piss ups.

Prefer stronger beers to be honest but was impressed with my small sample last night as I kegged it.

Interested about your Ruby Red, I'll keep an eye out for your updates for sure.

Good to see you back Taxi....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.