The home brew thread

Custom extract kits here. Found this whilst doing some reading on a homebrew forum

What is it that your after brewing ?

The Malt miller are a good company and the gear I ordered from them was fresh and delivered promptly..Speak as you find.
Their liquid malt extracts were top notch and the the hops they supplied were beyond fresh and of excellent quality.
Massive choice too.

What is it that your after brewing ?

The Malt miller are a good company and the gear I ordered from them was fresh and delivered promptly..Speak as you find.
Their liquid malt extracts were top notch and the the hops they supplied were beyond fresh and of excellent quality.
Massive choice too.
Really want to do some improvised wines but with walk before i can run in mind i think i may start with a red wine kit.

This might sound a bit weird but i'm not a wine drinker and it will be more about the hobby and creating something than the quaffing.

Picked up Muntons, The Gerwin Yeast Recipe book from Wilco's at weekend for £1. 37 ingredient based recipes yipeee.

So kitchen chemistry brewing.
4 apples
1 bag of aldi raisins
boiled and pushed through a sterilised fly screen
added
1.5 ltrs of Lidl pure apple juice
2 ltrs of pure red grape juice
1 bag of sugar
cooled then added
4ltrs water
1 wilco's yeast
couple of shakes of nutrient

finished fermenting in a week gave it another 4 days then added two part fining syrup.

Tastes like a dry white wine, looks like cider. It is rather pleasant and not harsh on the palette like strong ciders

I didn't take an Hydrometer reading when i cooked it up

is it wine or cider?

2e2ntyu.jpg

Which one did you get did the lager one and it came out pretty good. Be patient with it and don’t rush anything or let anything disturb it was my learning curve.

I got the lager kit too. Properly sanitised everything yesterday before starting, my airlock was bubbling a bit this morning which is promising. Everything seemed to run smoothly at set up, my one concern was that I got the starting temperature too high because the instructions said to use hot water, but I used a bit too much. I had some fans pointed at the fermenter last night for a bit and the temp has dropped now to the higher range of where I need it to be.

I got the lager kit too. Properly sanitised everything yesterday before starting, my airlock was bubbling a bit this morning which is promising. Everything seemed to run smoothly at set up, my one concern was that I got the starting temperature too high because the instructions said to use hot water, but I used a bit too much. I had some fans pointed at the fermenter last night for a bit and the temp has dropped now to the higher range of where I need it to be.

The lager one is really drinkable and well worth the effort to brewing it, you bottling it up or you going to try put it in a pressurised keg? I did both and the bottle method worked a lot better with the carbonation drops in them. Keep the temperature right and dont let anyone disturb it, then the fun part of bottling it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.