The home brew thread

Kegged up my old peculiar clone but used too much chocolate malt one thinks as its more of a stout, scratch that, it's a stout.

Still lovely, just in the fridge now, gas hooked up ready for later! IPA next on the agenda; I have a coopers IPA kit so will be using that with some added grain and hops for kicks!

Taxis usually that pissed , he does runners out of his own cab!

Made me laugh and good to see all the familiar faces still brewing away.
Will have to buy a cornelias keg Tiny and suprised I have left it this long

You're all a bad influence on me, and made me buy a kit three weeks ago. I tried John Bull IPA and liked it.

I passed a couple of bottles on to my Dad, who it turns out used to make beer from hops and other stuff not delivered by Amazon in a can that actually smelled of beer.

I've gone from being pleased I made something drinkable to feeling like I diluted ribena concentrate and tried to claim I'd invented grapre juice.

Point me in the right direction please. I'm a lager drinker by trade and the IPA was close enough to work for me.

I have 2 plastic PET carboys. I washed both with hot water and one is slightly warped. It's as if there is condensation in it now but I don't think it is. Could it be some sort of mineral build up or did I ruin the fecker?

Just done a nice IPA, or at least I hope it's nice. Recipe and method below if anyone wants to give it a go.

1x Coopers IPA
1x Coopers Liquid Amber Malt Extract 1.5kg
500g DME
100g Crystal Munich (or Crystal Light (60))
12g Citra @15min
15g Mosaic @15min
10g Centenial @15min
15g Amarillo @15min
15g Mosaic @ Flameout
8g Amarillo @ Flameout (I ran out)
20g Centenial @Flameout
12g Galaxy @Flameout

US-05 yeast (re-hydrated in a glass of tepid water)

I steeped the grain for 30mins @76C in 4L then added DME and brought to a boil.
After the hot-break, I added the 15min additions, boiled for 15mins and switched off the heat, then added the flameout additions.
I then added the IPA tin and Amber malt tin contents to the FV and once the wort cooled to 55C I added it via a strainer to the FV, topped up to the 21L to about 22C mark and added the yeast. In the fridge now at 19C, will up it for a few days to 22C after 2 weeks.

Been aging an old peculiar clone in the keg for a few weeks now, and a lot can be said for aging beer!! Tasted lovely going in and pulled a fewer since then but left it for the last 2 weeks and just poured one; great tasting.

A bit more of a stout that an old peculiar clone to me, too much choc malt? But a great brew, going down easily on a wet and dreary Manchester afternoon!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.