The home support is terrible

MCFCRICH said:
I too stay till the end and can't really understand people leaving early to miss a little traffic, does getting in your house 20 minutes earlier really matter that much? and I do understand that football has changed and the people and also attitude of people who watch football has changed over the years it's not a working mans sport anymore and it's not 80% blokes who go watch the game nowadays it's family's, women it's more a social event...

I applaud the work of the 1894 group and I too want the same things they want but what people need to understand is everyone's match day experience and what they expect from it are totally different. What I do on a Saturday is not the same as the guy who sits next to me.

I think the best way to improve the atmosphere is for everyone to commit to sitting together who want to sing and hopefully that will happen with the away fans spread across 3 tiers, to think we will have all the stadium singing for 90 minutes is unrealistic and people need to realise people will leave early and corporate will pick and choose games that's just the way it is.

As long as your enjoying your match day experience then that's what counts and if your not then don't be reliant on others facilitating your enjoyment, if you want to sing and improve the atmosphere then move seats into the new section get involved with 1894 and don't point fingers at others who for example leave early or don't get involved with singing for whatever reason.

Too many people are quick to blame others but are not willing to step up and change things for themselves.

I used to stay until the end regardless but then things changed and I often leave early. 20 minutes is not the difference. If I leave dead on the final whistle I get caught in traffic for an hour or so and that few minutes enables me to get out and away, which I do when a game is petering out and the result is not in doubt

My circumstances changed when I moved to the Midlands. I work away a lot and I only get to spend quality time with my 3 year old at the weekends mainly, so I often miss games that are on TV and at awkward times. Including the match its a six/seven hour round trip and by leaving early I get to read her a bedtime story as opposed to not seeing her until Sunday morning. So yes, it makes a big difference for me, and will do for a few years yet. My other alternative is not to go at all - not something I would consider.

I'm sure there are many people in the same boat with similar circumstances. I don't really see the issue.

Fuck knows where people are parking, me and my mate park about a 10-15 minute walk away, and were back on the motorway within 5-10 minutes of getting to the car.

Petrovs left peg said:
MCFCRICH said:
I too stay till the end and can't really understand people leaving early to miss a little traffic, does getting in your house 20 minutes earlier really matter that much? and I do understand that football has changed and the people and also attitude of people who watch football has changed over the years it's not a working mans sport anymore and it's not 80% blokes who go watch the game nowadays it's family's, women it's more a social event...

I applaud the work of the 1894 group and I too want the same things they want but what people need to understand is everyone's match day experience and what they expect from it are totally different. What I do on a Saturday is not the same as the guy who sits next to me.

I think the best way to improve the atmosphere is for everyone to commit to sitting together who want to sing and hopefully that will happen with the away fans spread across 3 tiers, to think we will have all the stadium singing for 90 minutes is unrealistic and people need to realise people will leave early and corporate will pick and choose games that's just the way it is.

As long as your enjoying your match day experience then that's what counts and if your not then don't be reliant on others facilitating your enjoyment, if you want to sing and improve the atmosphere then move seats into the new section get involved with 1894 and don't point fingers at others who for example leave early or don't get involved with singing for whatever reason.

Too many people are quick to blame others but are not willing to step up and change things for themselves.

I used to stay until the end regardless but then things changed and I often leave early. 20 minutes is not the difference. If I leave dead on the final whistle I get caught in traffic for an hour or so and that few minutes enables me to get out and away, which I do when a game is petering out and the result is not in doubt

My circumstances changed when I moved to the Midlands. I work away a lot and I only get to spend quality time with my 3 year old at the weekends mainly, so I often miss games that are on TV and at awkward times. Including the match its a six/seven hour round trip and by leaving early I get to read her a bedtime story as opposed to not seeing her until Sunday morning. So yes, it makes a big difference for me, and will do for a few years yet. My other alternative is not to go at all - not something I would consider.

I'm sure there are many people in the same boat with similar circumstances. I don't really see the issue.

I travel from Leeds and takes me an Hour ish to get home from leaving after the final whistle and walking through my door, I hit no traffic. Out of interest do you park on the City car park? Where do you tend to hit traffic?

chris85mcfc said:
Fuck knows where people are parking, me and my mate park about a 10-15 minute walk away, and were back on the motorway within 5-10 minutes of getting to the car.

I Park at St Anne's church or on the industrial estate leading up to the ground (From the Manc way) - I have time to wait until the final whistle, stand in my seat for 5 mins after and let the wait for the bogs die down, have a gypsies kiss, walk down the spiral and all the way down the road... and still get onto Chester Road in about 15/20 mins.

Manchester33 said:
chris85mcfc said:

I Park at St Anne's church or on the industrial estate leading up to the ground (From the Manc way) - I have time to wait until the final whistle, stand in my seat for 5 mins after and let the wait for the bogs die down, have a gypsies kiss, walk down the spiral and all the way down the road... and still get onto Chester Road in about 15/20 mins.

It takes me about an hour and a bit from leaving my seat to get back to Blackpool, sure there is a bit of traffic, but I don't park at the ground I park about 10 mins away, I think people should just actually try staying till the end and see that it's not as bad as what people make it out to be

Going back to the crowd and the home support but without mentioning leaving early: How many people felt tonight as if they were in the away end because of being surrounded by Barcelona fans??

As many of you know I sit on the front row of the CBL1 and along my row there were 5 Barca fans and in the rows behind there must have been at least 20 to 24 spread out over the rows!! It's lucky that the CBL1 doesn't have that many fans who have imbibed before the match because it could have caused a lot of trouble. As it is, apart from them jumping up when Barca scored, they were quite amicable. In fact when I kept shouting "Suarez you are a diving little rat" most of them agreed with me and then asked me what I thought of Lionel Messi!!

But I was a little concerned and, I might add, more than a little angry that so many of the seats around us were occupied by Barca fans.

Eccles Blue said:
Going back to the crowd and the home support but without mentioning leaving early: How many people felt tonight as if they were in the away end because of being surrounded by Barcelona fans??

As many of you know I sit on the front row of the CBL1 and along my row there were 5 Barca fans and in the rows behind there must have been at least 20 to 24 spread out over the rows!! It's lucky that the CBL1 doesn't have that many fans who have imbibed before the match because it could have caused a lot of trouble. As it is, apart from them jumping up when Barca scored, they were quite amicable. In fact when I kept shouting "Suarez you are a diving little rat" most of them agreed with me and then asked me what I thought of Lionel Messi!!

But I was a little concerned and, I might add, more than a little angry that so many of the seats around us were occupied by Barca fans.
There were plenty of blues in their stands at Barcelona last season and probably will be again this season it happens in big games, as long as they don't cause trouble I can't see a problem.

2 fat lads came and sat next to me in CB2 about 25 mins into the first half - proceeded to spend the next 10 minutes phoning and waving to their mates, and taking pictures of Messi.

As an aside - why oh why when there are actually FEWER people in the stadium on a CL night, does it take them nearly 45 minutes to let cars out of the car parks? And why do they let so many 'executive' limos in the pedestrianised perimeter of the ground, someone is going to get run over!

Petrovs left peg said:
MCFCRICH said:

As long as your enjoying your match day experience then that's what counts and if your not then don't be reliant on others facilitating your enjoyment, if you want to sing and improve the atmosphere then move seats into the new section get involved with 1894 and don't point fingers at others who for example leave early or don't get involved with singing for whatever reason. i would never pay £50 for a ticket & leave 20 min early the mind boggles ,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.