The home support is terrible

Eccles Blue said:
shemnel said:
why do people still get surprised when it takes them a while to get away from somewhere that has 45,000 people in it?

I always wonder about this. If you go to a football match or any manner of entertainment with a large crowd you expect it to take a long time to get away surely?

Doesn't take me that long to get away from the ground, I leave at the final whistle and all the roads are quiet, but that's because every fucker left on 80 minutes...

Load of bollocks that 20k thousand fans have somewhere they need to be every game, regardless of day and time. It's just modern football for you. We are shite fans, turn up expect to be 4 nil up after a hour so we can get home for ant n dec.

This uber fan stuff is so childish and so tiresome. Some of you need to grow up. Going to a football match isn't a 'duty' with a code of conduct. It's different things to different people. I was wryly amused when I went on a Sunderland forum after we beat them to see exactly the same thing: daft blurts hectoring and harassing other fans for leaving early and claiming they are the worst in the league.

Let it go. Life's too short. Nobody cares except you self appointed Super Fans.

Ennis said:
Load of bollocks that 20k thousand fans have somewhere they need to be every game, regardless of day and time. It's just modern football for you. We are shite fans, turn up expect to be 4 nil up after a hour so we can get home for ant n dec.

No different to other clubs though. I got hospitality to the 2001 derby away in the middle of the South Stand, loads streaming out at 1-0, even more at 1-1. Seen a lot more in matches after that, in particular 2 of the last 3.

What we need is 30 fans with banners and instruments like how Palace copy Accrington Stanley fans. We were getting around 24k 20 years ago, so I do not think it is bad.

If you are going to go, just go.[/quote]

Haha now that is something I've said many times in my life.

The atmosphere isn't what it was. Hull in particular was bad after they went 1-0 up. I'm unsure what could change it.

Didsbury Dave said:
This uber fan stuff is so childish and so tiresome. Some of you need to grow up. Going to a football match isn't a 'duty' with a code of conduct. It's different things to different people. I was wryly amused when I went on a Sunderland forum after we beat them to see exactly the same thing: daft blurts hectoring and harassing other fans for leaving early and claiming they are the worst in the league.

You can always spot an early leaver when they get all defensive and come out with comments like this and anyone that has a restaurant table booked just an hour after a game has finished deserves all the stick they get for buggering off early ;)

Seriously, I'd say a lot more people are arsed about this than you think. It doesn't upset me though - if anything it amuses me, particularly when they miss iconic moments like Dickov's equaliser at Wembley or Aguerrrrroooooooooooo's last gasp title winning goal. After years of shit and staying to the end of games where we've been absolutely hammered I'm fucked if I'm pissing off early now that we've got a good team. I'm savouring every moment and leaving the fire drill to others.

peoffrey said:
The atmosphere isn't what it was. Hull in particular was bad after they went 1-0 up. I'm unsure what could change it.

No fuckin wonder! We were gash.

We should be setting the tempo and closing down like we did on Saturday in every game. Talent almost always sees you through if the application is there. It isn't always for us and that spills over into the stands.

M18CTID said:
Didsbury Dave said:

You can always spot an early leaver when they get all defensive and come out with comments like this and anyone that has a restaurant table booked just an hour after a game has finished deserves all the stick they get for buggering off early ;)

Seriously, I'd say a lot more people are arsed about this than you think. It doesn't upset me though - if anything it amuses me, particularly when they miss iconic moments like Dickov's equaliser at Wembley or Aguerrrrroooooooooooo's last gasp title winning goal. After years of shit and staying to the end of games where we've been absolutely hammered I'm fucked if I'm pissing off early now that we've got a good team. I'm savouring every moment and leaving the fire drill to others.

What shite this thread has become, I travel 250 miles and apart from 12.45 and 3.0 Sat KOs I have to stop overnight. On Sat v the barecodes I left my seat 5 min after the team had left the pitch, plenty of time to catch the 20.27 train to Macc for overnight in Travelodge. Tue v Barca need to get the 22.07 to Macc for the same overnight stop. May well leave when the extra min board goes up, like to catch a pint in the Nags Head at Macc then see the highlights on TV. Why do I feel the need to justify my actions, well maybe to get the message over that each and every one of us can after we pay for our ticket can leave when ever we wish to. Now can some people wind their necks in.

dawlish dave said:
M18CTID said:
Didsbury Dave said:

What shite this thread has become, I travel 250 miles and apart from 12.45 and 3.0 Sat KOs I have to stop overnight. On Sat v the barecodes I left my seat 5 min after the team had left the pitch, plenty of time to catch the 20.27 train to Macc for overnight in Travelodge. Tue v Barca need to get the 22.07 to Macc for the same overnight stop. May well leave when the extra min board goes up, like to catch a pint in the Nags Head at Macc then see the highlights on TV. Why do I feel the need to justify my actions, well maybe to get the message over that each and every one of us can after we pay for our ticket can leave when ever we wish to. Now can some people wind their necks in.

you should be more considerate and move closer to the ground.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.