The Human race

I do often wonder, if I live long enough, what may happen to the world in the next 40+ years and think we may be on the verge of something catastrophic.

I watched a climate change programme years ago and the boffin hosting it said that it's not really the planet we have to worry about, it's ourselves. The Earth has been through soo much that whatever happens to it, it will recover, as it has before. Humans may not.

Last edited:
I do often wonder, if I live long enough, what may happen to the world in the next 40+ years and think we may be on the verge of something catastrophic.

I watched a climate change programme years ago and the boffin hosting it said that's it's not really the planet we have to worry about, it's ourselves. The Earth has been through soo much that whatever happens to it, it will recover, as it has before. Humans may not.
The Gaia principle

The irony is that we are intelligent enough to know the damage we are doing but we plough on regardless. Which is actually the opposite of intelligent.

D. Attenborough was narrating once whilst an animal sniffed something that had previously knocked it red rotten..he said something like ' of course it wont eat it, there's only a human who would wiilingly take poison twice'.

Last edited:
We are to the planet what a virus is to a human

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.