The "I was wrong about..." player amnesty thread

i was wrong about adebayor i thought he would be hughes best signing,turning into a lazy dumb arsenal obsessed knob...that 3 match ban could end up costing us the title .

uwe282828 said:
i was wrong about adebayor i thought he would be hughes best signing,turning into a lazy dumb arsenal obsessed knob...that 3 match ban could end up costing us the title .

I've honestly never been as ashamed to be a city fan as I am this morning. everything is coming up roses, yet our fans can't spare a thought for one of our players who has been shot at and watched people die.

please, somebody make it stop!

Grand Master Ram Rod said:
I was wrong about Bellamy in thinking he would always be injured and he would cause trouble, but always said he was a good footballer.

I also said NDJ wasn't good last season but I stand by that as he was no better than Kompany and has only come into his own this season.

I suppose I was wrong about Robinho though, I thought he was world class when we signed him, I was sadly wrong. :(

I am right usually though. :)

NDJ was better than Kompany last season. I like Kompany but always said he wasn't good enough to play the defensive midfield role for us and is much better than Kompany

I was wrong about Craig Bellamy, while i thought he was a decent player i didn't think he'd have performed aswell as he has done for us so far

Carlos Tevez is another who i didn't think was as good as people made out but he's been outstanding during the past couple of months now he's finally back to full fitness and maybe some fans who are slagging Robinho off for his performances against Hull/Stoke should wait until he's back to full fitness before making a judgement on him

pissedagain said:
i m guilty for tevez and bellamy although in my defence i did say bellamy would start off ok then revert to normal after about six months...i can still see bellamy proving me right, although some on here cant see it, give it time they will

Well he's been here 12-months, been fit for most of the time, played wonderfully and is possibly the first name on the team sheet... If he was going to wobble it would have been when Hughes went. Despite any amount of media provocation to that end, he didn't and has continued to look the part since. I think you're going to be proved wrong..... sorry...

bizzbo said:
uwe282828 said:

I've honestly never been as ashamed to be a city fan as I am this morning. everything is coming up roses, yet our fans can't spare a thought for one of our players who has been shot at and watched people die.

please, somebody make it stop!

Agree.

I think some people are getting the wrong thread about this thread. This isn't people who you've boo'd. I hope no-one boos anyone (except Macpointerman). It's merely if you've said I don't think much of ......... or I don't know wether...... is the right player for us etc

For me, I had a niggling doubt about Tevez (thought our joy at stealing him from under baconface's nose might come back to haunt us, couldn't be more wrong)

May yet be proved wrong about Robinho (he looked a lot more lively the other day)

Thought Richards had gone off the boil (which in fareness he had) but he's looking better by the game.

I think a lot of people on here will be proven wrong by RSC, just watch the extended highlights of the game against Blackburn. When Robbie takes his shot which Robinson palms away, watch RSC's movement (especially the slo-mo reverse angle from behind the goal). If Robinson had got less of a touch on it RSC would have surely scored. This is what he does so well. See how he scored 2 against Sunderland, nothing spectacular just right place at the right time. He will score hatfuls for us if he gets regular starts. Monster Monster! ;)

I hold my hands up and hang my head in shame that I really did not want us to sign Bellamy.
The dippers who I work with tried for weeks to convince me that really, you would want him in your team, that he's a grafter. I thought he was turning into a 'journeyman' and was only signed due to his closeness to MH.
How wrong I was, and how right they were.
I *heart* Bellers now :)

I also didn't want us to sign Glauber Berti - I'd never heard of him, nor seen him before.
What a legend he turned out to be!

;)

I was wrong about all of them

I honestly started to think they were all a bunch of has-beens and nearly men. too many flaws to count. not technical enough. bad fits, tactically.

but they are all champions in waiting

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.