The idiocy (and selfishness) of panic buying

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by sir baconface, 12 Mar 2020.

1. JRockBlues

JRockBlues

Near where the "Welcome to Manchester" sign was
    I popped in to Tesco's on Market St. in Manchester this afternoon as I'd run out of bread and milk. I'd say it's about same as last week with usual stuff like pasta and rice still not available. Bread and milk (only full fat left though Aldi has loads of semi-skimmed) running low. Some of the canned stuff also not available or running low.

2. Went down to the Dale at 08:00 in the shadow of the Seven Sisters finding ourselves good to go at Lidl and first in the queue because the locals don't wake up until after dinner. They were letting folk in in trenches of 12 but there was only 3 of us. No long life milk and no toilet rolls?

3. lazerblue

lazerblue

started an online order last week from asda, was £80, went to check today and there was that much stuff out of stock that its down to £50

ADVERTISEMENT

4. kaz7

kaz7

Just spent an hour stood outside boots trying to get my medication through the hatch as they re closed due to lack of staff

21 people,nearly half stood in a normal line,the rest of us moving around keeping a big distance from everyone

Next door to tesco,hardly any cars or people,the message is getting through to most but not all

5. kaz7

kaz7

Tick the box for substitutes so they can send you something at least,stock is going in and out of stock,just put your ordwr in and probably most of it will come

6. kaz7

kaz7

I think a lot of people are just going to have to go out in the end,the local small shops are doing ok,it seems everyone is headed for the supermarkets
    You can get quite a lot of snacks etc from amazon

7. blueish swede

blueish swede

You can use evaporated milk for most things. If you need to, whisk it with 1 1/2 times water to get milk.

8. lazerblue

lazerblue

one of my items was 3 boxes of sol beer on offer for £21 which was vital to my well being in these scary times,not too bothered about the food

9. kaz7

kaz7

Getting pissed is a good option right now ha

10. birch villa

birch villa

Some things continue ,even in these troubled times
    Mike Ashley is still a c__t

purplenose likes this.