The idiocy (and selfishness) of panic buying

Anyone actually been to a supermarket today? Is it better or worse than it has been?

I popped in to Tesco's on Market St. in Manchester this afternoon as I'd run out of bread and milk. I'd say it's about same as last week with usual stuff like pasta and rice still not available. Bread and milk (only full fat left though Aldi has loads of semi-skimmed) running low. Some of the canned stuff also not available or running low.

Anyone actually been to a supermarket today? Is it better or worse than it has been?

Went down to the Dale at 08:00 in the shadow of the Seven Sisters finding ourselves good to go at Lidl and first in the queue because the locals don't wake up until after dinner. They were letting folk in in trenches of 12 but there was only 3 of us. No long life milk and no toilet rolls?

started an online order last week from asda, was £80, went to check today and there was that much stuff out of stock that its down to £50

Just spent an hour stood outside boots trying to get my medication through the hatch as they re closed due to lack of staff

21 people,nearly half stood in a normal line,the rest of us moving around keeping a big distance from everyone

Next door to tesco,hardly any cars or people,the message is getting through to most but not all

started an online order last week from asda, was £80, went to check today and there was that much stuff out of stock that its down to £50
Tick the box for substitutes so they can send you something at least,stock is going in and out of stock,just put your ordwr in and probably most of it will come

Struggling to get a delivery or collection in Cheshire expect it will calm down soon
I think a lot of people are just going to have to go out in the end,the local small shops are doing ok,it seems everyone is headed for the supermarkets
You can get quite a lot of snacks etc from amazon

Tick the box for substitutes so they can send you something at least,stock is going in and out of stock,just put your ordwr in and probably most of it will come
one of my items was 3 boxes of sol beer on offer for £21 which was vital to my well being in these scary times,not too bothered about the food

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.