The idiocy (and selfishness) of panic buying

Went to the local Sainsbury's after my partner finished work...one yellow coloured chicken, 9.18 was all that was left on the meats section...why's it so dear, and such an 'orrible colour? totally beyond me...managed to get a salad thing, no real mayo left except that light blue labelled type...I left that for some other lucky sod. It doesn't leave a good feeling to see it all for real, not a thing on the shelves...
What are people suppose to do who work full time? Just hope they get it all sorted out and people start behaving themselves, surely to god they must have ran of space or money? Hopefully both!

Village post office/general store looked like something in a Belorussian famine BEFORE Coronavirus struck. That was on a good day. Service to match. Then it closed 2 weeks ago.

Good riddance.

Last edited:
Hope my neighbours can take advantage of sainsburys first hour of trading for the elderly today. Can see they've been pottering about for half an hour now after failing to get much from Tesco on Tuesday.

My at risk parents are isolating though and can't get a delivery spot, so looks like I'll be braving the scrum this weekend for them. The wife got a prime now slot for the mother in law last week and got her in a shop, only to find out yesterday that her fridge has broken weeks ago and she'd not told a soul.

Next door even offered to get us some soy milk as they know my eldest has a milk intolerance, kind daft berks.

Beyond that, hope the supply chain and new measures on restrictions have an effect soon. Despite being told there are millions of loo tolls in warehouses across the UK I've not seen a pack on the shelves for almost two weeks now.

Went to the local Sainsbury's after my partner finished work...one yellow coloured chicken, 9.18 was all that was left on the meats section...why's it so dear, and such an 'orrible colour?

That's what colour chickens are when they grow naturally and eat a diet of corn. The pasty white ones (that you normally see hundreds of) are that colour because they've been force grown in a mass production facility. It's not how a chicken should look.

It's also why those "yellow" ones are dearer, it costs far more to rear them.

You need to try one sometime, they actually taste of something!

Tesco end all 24 hour opening.
Stores closing overnight at 22.00
Our local Asda started closing at midnight until 6am a couple of days ago, it gives them some breathing space to clean and restock and allows for staff shortages. That said, people were queued up at 6am waiting for them to reopen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.