The idiocy (and selfishness) of panic buying

Supermarkets shortening opening hours and limiting stock. Been to Tesco and Asda, literally nothing worth buying what is left on the shelves.

Supermarkets shortening opening hours and limiting stock. Been to Tesco and Asda, literally nothing worth buying what is left on the shelves.
Oh, I don't know, my local ASDA has plenty of gin. What more do I need?

Government say supermarket supply lines are well equipped, should be back to normal soonish.

Nope, but I seem to be in a minority. Credit where it's due for making special provision for older folk but what about us working-class oiks fortunate enough to be in full-time employment?
I know what you mean. Most working folk can only get to the shops long after the shelves have been stripped. ~Thankfully the supermarkets are now planning to restrict the amount of each item you can buy, so hopefully it won't look so much like Russia @1973 when you go in there after work.

Local spa seemed fairly well stocked this morning, save for bakery items and tinned produce. Didn't get everything for my isolating parents but most things.
Smaller shops often a better bet. Stockpliling cunts can't be arsed with shops where they don't have trolleys.

Went to the range earlier. Loads left. I think people are missing a trick here.

We'll have another few days of the village idiots panic buying because of the schools closing. Next week, things will plateau out and those that have bought enough Pot Noodles to sink an army can crack on and then make use of the 1000 toilet rolls they've bought. Muppets.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.