The idiocy (and selfishness) of panic buying

Been to Tesco near me in Stockton. The nice weather helps and the queue round the car park went down fairly quickly. Tesco guys marshalling and doing a good job. While I was in the queue I rang my new boss as I start my new job with tesco next week. He was telling me that they expect full availability of everything in the next week and a half. They are also planning on putting lots more click and collect points soon. I'm biased obv as I just got a job with them, but seems to me they are doing all the right things to get us what we need

Been to Tesco near me in Stockton. The nice weather helps and the queue round the car park went down fairly quickly. Tesco guys marshalling and doing a good job. While I was in the queue I rang my new boss as I start my new job with tesco next week. He was telling me that they expect full availability of everything in the next week and a half. They are also planning on putting lots more click and collect points soon. I'm biased obv as I just got a job with them, but seems to me they are doing all the right things to get us what we need
Good to see you remaining steadfast throughout this.

Its funny coz I went to Iceland this evening - didn't know they were doing 6 - 7pm NHS staff only ( judging by the scrawled note on the door may not be a business wide thing ) but oddly the doors didn't open and a member of staff approached them and asked for my NHS id. There was NOBODY in there and all the staff were sat about 3 feet away from each other !! I only wanted a frozen pizza and some Greggs sausage rolls.

Anyway I have found stocks seem to be better as people consume or wipe their arse on their panic bought stocks plus if you go @ tea time its piss easy to practise social distancing as there are only two or three of you in the whole store !
You are Luke Shaw and I claim my £5.

My butcher is a life saver, local coop is still pretty sparse for meat and bog roll. Only 20 allowed in at a time with a 2m distance kept in the waiting line.

General pleasantries restored though, hello and thankyou's aplenty.

Bbq'ing a chicken now with a pint of peroni sat in the garden, chopper chewing through a pig leg like it was butter, life is good.

Is it wrong to order from amazon? I really want an exercise bike but something in the back of my mind is making me feel guilty, am I being stupid?

Unbelievable Jeff. Mrs Q went to Tesco in Boston first thing. Several couples going around with a trolley each getting the same stuff then queuing up separately.

I take my dogs for a walk between 6.30am- 7.30am every morning. I pass my local Aldi & Lidl and every morning without fail the car parks are full and there are q's outside. Thought this might have stopped by now. One of the girls who work at Aldi tells me it is the same faces at the front of the q each day and they tend to purchase the same items.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.