The idiocy (and selfishness) of panic buying

Bought 2 ounces of weed which will do me for the rest of the year. Not panic buying but trying to be responsible. Minimal travel and contact etc.

To be fair my weed guy has his work area sealed off with a carbon filter feeding air to his work room and bagged everything in full protective gear. Came to meet me looking like he was auditioning for breaking bad and sprayed sanitiser over the bag there and then to.

Just did our usual Thursday shop at the local Asda and they're now restricting the number of people in store. Not quite sure what criteria they're using though as there was a medium length queue and within 5 minutes of waiting they suddenly let everyone in all at once. There are arrows all over the floor trying to create a one way system but 50% of the people seem oblivious to them so that's a waste of effort. The shelves are well stocked however, with only the odd item missing including of course loo roll (they've restricted people to just 1 pack each now). Plenty of milk & bread.

I did spot a couple in their 40's who had a big trolley each, absolutely stuffed full (overflowing in fact), they were running up and down trying to find the smallest queue. I wandered through the scan & go and paid my £15 odd with a happy heart.

Edit: I should add that I'm in Fife in Scotland where things are much less frantic overall.

Last edited:
Bought 2 ounces of weed which will do me for the rest of the year. Not panic buying but trying to be responsible. Minimal travel and contact etc.

To be fair my weed guy has his work area sealed off with a carbon filter feeding air to his work room and bagged everything in full protective gear. Came to meet me looking like he was auditioning for breaking bad and sprayed sanitiser over the bag there and then to.
Im grassing him up

Because it's hardly essential, less non essential stuff they have to deliver the better right?

I just ordered a 25 pint brew in the bag beer kit now I know that's not essential but I ordered it anyway

........... Wait scrub that its totally essential

Been to Sainsbury's tonight shopping for us and our two little ones, and three grandparents. Just the essentials, they're operating a single file system into the store but then it's down to the punters to distance themselves.

Found that pretty much everyone over 30 was cautious of this, and those under 30 were near oblivious, except for one larger gentleman shuffling down the middle of the aisle and wouldn't or couldn't shift over.

All in all a fairly relaxed experience to what I was expecting. Still struggle for your beans, soup and pasta but they had loo roll, so just need to find a fair way to split that between 7 of us across 3 households.

Made me laugh though that there was no wine but plenty of potato and leek soup. Priorities.

Radio today,states binmen are disgusted at the food that's been thrown away UNOPENED,
Should report the prick-C.nts-Arseholes..
Not the binmen..

Everything except loo roll and paracetamol and crumpets? Everything else came from tesco

I get deliveries from the greengrocer of food for the wildlife,i called today and they cant deliver till next wed,they have shut the shop but are doing a roaring trade on deliveries,i am glad they are doing ok,it would be a real shame if they had gone out of business

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.