The idiocy (and selfishness) of panic buying

Tesco have loo roll in online,only allowed 2

I honestly think they are making sure stock goes to online orders as that is how people are going to get their shopping the more isolated people become

I would really recommend you sign up,they are packed solid for over 2 weeks but you can do as many different orders as you want on diferent days so you can be sure you are getting fed if you have no other option

I have set up 2 elderly neighbours who are on their own and have to stay in

You can also order a bit extra and give that to your old friends and neighbours

Got three smallish independent shops by me.

In each one you wouldn't know there was any sort of crisis on. They are stocked as usual.

It's easy to get mad at the profiteering, but remember the people at the tills are only the messengers here and probably not the prick owners.
It's frustrating but we should all remember, myself included, the front people usually take the wrath and they don't deserve it.
People are working crazy hard, long hours, they deserve our patience and gratitude.
Thanks to all who are out in public, at risk every day, working to help others, you are appreciated.

Usually shop about 3 or 4 days worth, so as I was passing farm foods tonight I thought I'd call in as the carpark looking sparse, not as sparse as the shop it was almost wiped out.
Saw empty shelves on Saturday evening and thought once the rush stopped it would be fine, starting to wonder if I underestimated it.

Nope, but I seem to be in a minority. Credit where it's due for making special provision for older folk but what about us working-class oiks fortunate enough to be in full-time employment?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.