The idiocy (and selfishness) of panic buying

Just been to do the big shop myself and seen it first hand. Total stupidity, creating the very situation that they are in fear of.

As I'm trying to get out of the car park, past the petrol station, nobody would let me out despite being in the exit lane rather than the one for fuel, and the fact that my vehicle has EV on the side must have escaped them in their anger and panic to get fuel. Just daft beyond reason.

Sad thing is that there will be key workers, people dependant on fuel for work or social lifelines, who will miss out at least in the short term.

It'll be sorted quickly, there is no actual fuel shortage and the government won't want the panic and bad press, i see 5k temporary visas are going to be approved for foreign HGV drivers today. It's a start, so maybe the panic will serve a purpose in time for Christmas.

Like many others we have worked though out the pandemic. And as usual it's the workers that cop it. First we had trouble getting food etc due to panic buying.
Now we are having trouble getting fuel to go to work or even to do our work.

We havent had a holiday for nearly two years now, booked up for Cornwall from the 8th of October. If this mess isnt sorted it will probably mean not going and losing our money. And boy do we need a holiday.

Large numbers of these country spent their furlough on holiday and panic buying food as we worked. Now its panic buying petrol as we work.

I am getting fed up with this country and the me me attitude brought on by Thatcher.

Thanks PB for helping the panic buying if they had kept their gobs shut non of this would be happening. Wankers. I wont be buying from BP again

Do City refund tickets if theres no fuel ? Our do I lose that money as well ?

Fucking Costco this morning in Oldham, roads gridlocked getting in...don't panic or tell him your name Pike!!!

It's no help that the wonderful BBC say don't panic but PANIC on the hour every hour..... Wankers.
I thought it was the politicians that said no need to panic! The media merely reported it. Anyway all is well here in Cyprus!!

6 this morning nobody there. Filled up back home.

Driving back past at 9.30 it's absolute carnage.

People will never learn

Fucking Costco this morning in Oldham, roads gridlocked getting in...don't panic or tell him your name Pike!!!

It's no help that the wonderful BBC say don't panic but PANIC on the hour every hour..... Wankers.
They’ve just been saying should we draft the army in on breakfast! Sensationalist fucking wankers they knock me sick!

Like many others we have worked though out the pandemic. And as usual it's the workers that cop it. First we had trouble getting food etc due to panic buying.
Now we are having trouble getting fuel to go to work or even to do our work.

We havent had a holiday for nearly two years now, booked up for Cornwall from the 8th of October. If this mess isnt sorted it will probably mean not going and losing our money. And boy do we need a holiday.

Large numbers of these country spent their furlough on holiday and panic buying food as we worked. Now its panic buying petrol as we work.

I am getting fed up with this country and the me me attitude brought on by Thatcher.

Thanks PB for helping the panic buying if they had kept their gobs shut non of this would be happening. Wankers. I wont be buying from BP again

Do City refund tickets if theres no fuel ? Our do I lose that money as well ?
Gordon, you make some very good points in your post but then mention Thatcher. That was 45 years ago, you cannot keep blaming her for stupid greedy people, a lot of whom weren't born when she was in power.

Gordon, you make some very good points in your post but then mention Thatcher. That was 45 years ago, you cannot keep blaming her for stupid greedy people, a lot of whom weren't born when she was in power.
Why not ? Those greedy young people back in the Thatcher era will have brought their kids up in the selfish me me mind set.
Bankers are still bankers who get looked after by the tory government in the last banking crisis.

Anyway I guess taking about the witch should be in the politics thread ;)

I dont wish to fall out with anyone over politics so Come On City !!

6 this morning nobody there. Filled up back home.

Driving back past at 9.30 it's absolute carnage.

People will never learn
Out at 6.30 in Cheadle Hulme all sold out, got some in Stockport but it ran out whilst filling up, 17 quid and that’s your lot, when I was paying the assistant said no delivery for two weeks,

Out at 6.30 in Cheadle Hulme all sold out, got some in Stockport but it ran out whilst filling up, 17 quid and that’s your lot, when I was paying the assistant said no delivery for two weeks,
was that a BP mate? just wondering as the esso near me was ok around 5-30 this morning but down to 4 pumps i asume they will be dry now,my local BP was expecting a tanker of diesel this morning but it didnt turn up now there saying it could be 10 days

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.