The "I'm not going to the final" thread

jimharri said:
I won't be there but I have a cast iron, 100% kosher reason..... I've got no chance of getting a ticket!

Can't you get the Governor to grant you compassionate leave for the weekend?

They did it on that 'Porridge' documentary about prisons.

Pigeonho said:
NipHolmes said:
squirtyflower said:
I fell in Love with City well before the wife

Me too but if for instance I had £200 spare for the month after bills due to car repair or something else like bigger phone bill or vet care etc, and me going to Wembley meant my family had to eat skinheads on a raft for a month then that's not happening and nor would I expect my missus to put up with it.

Why cause friction at home for football? I simply don't get it.

There was a godo post a while a go with the types of fans their are. You get loyal (wont miss a match for anything) fans, you get the fans who go to matches when convenient (me) and you get the tourists.

I may not be a top supporter like the loyalists but I'm still a Blue and I'm just as happy when we lift a cup. Just means my priorities are different.

Change City for a car, some peopel prioirtise a pair of alloys or an upgrade on sound system rather than take their child to Legoland or Alton Towers etc. I know this because my mate is a Wolves fan yet he missed last season Albion derby so he could get his scratched alloys refurbed. Now that's an opinion divider because for my money that's inexcusable, it's hardly as if the car will suddenly decide to not work for you or will make you sleep on the sofa ;)
Don't put yourself down with that bollocks, a blue is a blue regardless whether he goes or not.

Yes I agree but even I concede the best supporters are the ones who go rain, sleet and snow all across the country.

You hit the nail on the head with 'a blue is a blue', unfortunately on here it appears that your opinion has less stock if you don't have an ST. I call that an elitist mentality.

I also say come back to me in 10 years and see where my priorities got me. A relationship close to 20 years in length and a happy one at that, a bought house and a clever daughter who's been given the very best chance in life her parents could have afforded. God willing.

However it seems my priorities don't fit the 'Top Fan' criteria.<br /><br />-- Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:22 pm --<br /><br />
Sparkys-Army said:
I'll be in South Africa so it's not all bad news.

It will be if you don't keep the doors locked when pulling up in a side street.

Seriously though, have a fantastic time. South Africa is a great country ;)

Don't think I can make it either, up at a golf day in Prestatyn on the Friday and the misses is out on the Saturday, So its me my 8 month year old in front of the tele.

Tbh I don't remember much of the 2011 semi and Final and not much of the game on Sunday, so at least I'll see the game!!

jimharri said:
Tourist since 1971 said:
jimharri said:
I won't be there but I have a cast iron, 100% kosher reason..... I've got no chance of getting a ticket!

Sorry?

Yeah, years ago there was a documentary where they followed this bloke Fletcher and his cell mate Godber while they were in prison somewhere up north. Anyway, in one of them he convinced the governor that he could get the weekend off to patch things up with wife, but he just used it as an excuse to go home and watch Spurs play. From your post I'd assumed you were in the same predicament.

St Helens: I've read through Tue rest of this threat and there are two points you're dealing with

- looking after your kids
- respecting your missus

I applaud you for both. My missus has sacrificed so much for me over the years, and the mutual respect between us let's us know we will both need to do so again. That's how relationships work, and that's how they last.

Well done mate. Cos its clear how much missing the final will mean to you.

Tourist since 1971 said:
jimharri said:
Tourist since 1971 said:

Sorry?

Yeah, years ago there was a documentary where they followed this bloke Fletcher and his cell mate Godber while they were in prison somewhere up north. Anyway, in one of them he convinced the governor that he could get the weekend off to patch things up with wife, but he just used it as an excuse to go home and watch Spurs play. From your post I'd assumed you were in the same predicament.
I remember the episode well; brilliant series. As for my predicament; read my post again. The clue is in the ''I've got no chance of getting a ticket'' bit! If I can somehow magic a ticket out of thin air, I'll be there!

;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.