The "I'm not going to the final" thread

NipHolmes said:
squirtyflower said:
NipHolmes said:
That's a good move (pun intended).

I work alternate weekends and go to games as and when I can, I bring the little one or I come up on my own. However, if things are stretched or work gets in the way then I have to settle with sky+ or delayed viewing on sky later on.

I don't apologise either, that's the way it is and I do my best. If people don't like it fuck em, Alex should be that way too. He made it for the semi (I worked it but got home before kick off) and can't make the final, unlucky but his priorities are right and he shouldn't get any flack at all.
I think you and Pige need to lighten up a bit
My last couple of posts on this have been in jest, maybe a should switch on the smiley faces, but I really can't stand the fuckers

Anyway she'll have another hen party to go to when the hint in Leeds gets divorced in two or three years

I never took it wrong Squirt. I am cool pal, as I said family first then finances then City.

:)
I fell in Love with City well before the wife

dan.j.mcfc said:
Pigeonho said:
dan.j.mcfc said:
I have a child I understand his situation, his other half should make sure that as a blue he doesn't miss the final so she can go and get trollied with the girls, she's not exactly missing the wedding is she?
I can't work out if you're just on the wind up now. Him being 'blue' has fuck all to do with anything. Read what he said earlier, she's never had a beef with him going to the match, but this one time she has something on which is important to her, something which isn't as common as those beating the big i'm a super city fan drum make it out to be. He's bang on the money for not denying his mrs her night on her mates hen do.

I'm just gonna give up with you at this point mate, I'm not claiming to be a bigger blue than anybody, but I wouldn't dream of being in the situation where I miss City playing in a cup final at Wembley while the mrs is out on the piss.
That's where you're missing the point. She's not 'out on the piss', she's on a hen night. If it was merely a night on the piss then she sounds like the type of women who would sacrifice that for him to go to the match. It isn't though, it's a hen night and if one of my Mrs' mates didn't go on her hen night because he fella regarded it as 'just a night on the piss' and stopped her going, i'd tell him he's a **** for that as it would have upset my mrs.

dan.j.mcfc said:
NipHolmes said:
dan.j.mcfc said:
Your missing the point completely mate, nobody is ill, nobody is in hospital, all that's happening is your wife is going pissed out of her face while your at home babysitting. Simple as that really.

(Hope I'm not speaking out of turn)

Deny the missus this and he gets no sex for a week or more. Let her go and he can get drunken filthy sex if he plays his cards right.

Hahaha, ok let me put it to you then, would you choose this filthy sex you speak of or go to the cup final?

Depends on whether I've been on a drought ;)

I'm in agreement with O.P.

In my case I'll be travelling down if I can get tickets. Doubt it being a mere 'Blue' member.

dan.j.mcfc said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
dan.j.mcfc said:
Your missing the point completely mate, nobody is ill, nobody is in hospital, all that's happening is your wife is going pissed out of her face while your at home babysitting. Simple as that really.

Why am I missing the point mate. I have to look after my own kids,it's called being a parent. The thread wasn't started for it to become a name calling bitching fest (we got the mancini thread for that) It was started as I was a little down earlier in the day but feeling a lot better now. My mrs has just been on the phone saying "we cant have the drive done yet as my hubby is going to London that weekend"!!!!! :-)

So after all this your going? haha :)

Still only 50-50.....

Ian said:
I booked a holiday some months ago. After checking the fixtures and saw Reading away, I went for it. I somehow had it in my mind that the FA Cup final was moving back to the last game of the season.
Am gutted, but will now need to find a Blue Bar in Tenerife to watch. Someone on here mentioned the Blue Terrace Bar. Anyone watched a game in there?
Top place mate, will be absolutely full of blues. It's on the roof at the back of the Passarella Oasis shopping centre in Los Cristianos, round the corner from Manhattan's and opposite Bar 39. If you're staying in Las Americas, it will cost about seven euros in a cab, or just walk along the seafront into LC and take a left when you get to the little pond with the turtles in it.

dan.j.mcfc said:
Why am I missing the point mate. I have to look after my own kids,it's called being a parent. The thread wasn't started for it to become a name calling bitching fest (we got the mancini thread for that) It was started as I was a little down earlier in the day but feeling a lot better now. My mrs has just been on the phone saying "we cant have the drive done yet as my hubby is going to London that weekend"!!!!! :-)

So after all this your going? haha :)

Still only 50-50.....

Well it sounds very much like the wife thinks your going anyway! :)

Well, if anybody can get me a ticket i will love you forever and shower you with beer

dan.j.mcfc said:
I'm just gonna give up with you at this point mate, I'm not claiming to be a bigger blue than anybody, but I wouldn't dream of being in the situation where I miss City playing in a cup final at Wembley while the mrs is out on the piss.
Well she's not just 'out on the piss' is she? If she was, she sounds like the sort of woman who would have no problem with sacking it off so her husband could go to the match. But it's obviously a lot more important to her than that. So, bearing in mind it's not the 1950s anymore, what exactly are you suggesting he does about it?

squirtyflower said:
NipHolmes said:
squirtyflower said:
I think you and Pige need to lighten up a bit
My last couple of posts on this have been in jest, maybe a should switch on the smiley faces, but I really can't stand the fuckers

Anyway she'll have another hen party to go to when the hint in Leeds gets divorced in two or three years

I never took it wrong Squirt. I am cool pal, as I said family first then finances then City.

Me too but if for instance I had £200 spare for the month after bills due to car repair or something else like bigger phone bill or vet care etc, and me going to Wembley meant my family had to eat skinheads on a raft for a month then that's not happening and nor would I expect my missus to put up with it.

Why cause friction at home for football? I simply don't get it.

There was a godo post a while a go with the types of fans their are. You get loyal (wont miss a match for anything) fans, you get the fans who go to matches when convenient (me) and you get the tourists.

I may not be a top supporter like the loyalists but I'm still a Blue and I'm just as happy when we lift a cup. Just means my priorities are different.

Change City for a car, some peopel prioirtise a pair of alloys or an upgrade on sound system rather than take their child to Legoland or Alton Towers etc. I know this because my mate is a Wolves fan yet he missed last season Albion derby so he could get his scratched alloys refurbed. Now that's an opinion divider because for my money that's inexcusable, it's hardly as if the car will suddenly decide to not work for you or will make you sleep on the sofa ;)

NipHolmes said:
squirtyflower said:
NipHolmes said:

Me too but if for instance I had £200 spare for the month after bills due to car repair or something else like bigger phone bill or vet care etc, and me going to Wembley meant my family had to eat skinheads on a raft for a month then that's not happening and nor would I expect my missus to put up with it.

Why cause friction at home for football? I simply don't get it.

There was a godo post a while a go with the types of fans their are. You get loyal (wont miss a match for anything) fans, you get the fans who go to matches when convenient (me) and you get the tourists.

I may not be a top supporter like the loyalists but I'm still a Blue and I'm just as happy when we lift a cup. Just means my priorities are different.

Change City for a car, some peopel prioirtise a pair of alloys or an upgrade on sound system rather than take their child to Legoland or Alton Towers etc. I know this because my mate is a Wolves fan yet he missed last season Albion derby so he could get his scratched alloys refurbed. Now that's an opinion divider because for my money that's inexcusable, it's hardly as if the car will suddenly decide to not work for you or will make you sleep on the sofa ;)
Don't put yourself down with that bollocks, a blue is a blue regardless whether he goes or not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.