The "I'm not going to the final" thread

roaminblue said:
St Helens: I've read through Tue rest of this threat and there are two points you're dealing with

- looking after your kids
- respecting your missus

I applaud you for both. My missus has sacrificed so much for me over the years, and the mutual respect between us let's us know we will both need to do so again. That's how relationships work, and that's how they last.

Well done mate. Cos its clear how much missing the final will mean to you.

appreciate that mate.

Petrovs left peg said:
I have the total disater scenario of taking off on a two and a half hour flight home ten minutes before kick off!!

If you cant make it be thankful you'll be able to watch it.

I had my final on Sunday.

This was also going to be my nightmare scenario until I changed my flight and am now coming back on the Monday. This schoolboy error has cost me over £350.<br /><br />-- Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:47 pm --<br /><br />
LongsightM13 said:
Ian said:
I booked a holiday some months ago. After checking the fixtures and saw Reading away, I went for it. I somehow had it in my mind that the FA Cup final was moving back to the last game of the season.
Am gutted, but will now need to find a Blue Bar in Tenerife to watch. Someone on here mentioned the Blue Terrace Bar. Anyone watched a game in there?
Top place mate, will be absolutely full of blues. It's on the roof at the back of the Passarella Oasis shopping centre in Los Cristianos, round the corner from Manhattan's and opposite Bar 39. If you're staying in Las Americas, it will cost about seven euros in a cab, or just walk along the seafront into LC and take a left when you get to the little pond with the turtles in it.
Cheers mate. I'm staying in Adeje, but don't care what it costs to watch it with a load of Blues!

Thought it was disgusting that half of club Wembley was once again empty. Hate the FA. If anyone knows how to get hold of any tickets from there (can't get them through club) please let me know.

Re: The "I'm not going to the final" thread

I'm in the same situation st Helens blue, wife in london for a girl's weekend and I'm left with 3yrs old twin daughters to look after. It's not my wife's fault of course the weekend was booked before the season even started. And not knowing we'd get to the final again but the closer we got I've been dreading this day. Could take the girls to my parents but they both will be watching the match so that could be my only option. With the late kick off though it's gonna clash with the girls bedtime. Looks like the grandparents are the only option. Went to CITY square for the final against stoke.

Ian said:
I booked a holiday some months ago. After checking the fixtures and saw Reading away, I went for it. I somehow had it in my mind that the FA Cup final was moving back to the last game of the season.
Am gutted, but will now need to find a Blue Bar in Tenerife to watch. Someone on here mentioned the Blue Terrace Bar. Anyone watched a game in there?

Exactly the same for me, and its almost caused a divorce!
Checked 3 websites, and they all showed Reading away.
Wife's 50th, so booked 3 nights in South of France from Friday to Sunday.
She's still going, and I'll fly 06.45 from London on Sunday.
Luckily she will be with our friends.
They aren't footie fans and think I'm a knob, which I can't disagree.
It's going to cost me an extra £200, plus god knows how much at a jewellers!
I feel really guilty, but I've been waiting for the glory years for 41 years, and now I'm going to enjoy it, (with serious guilt).

Blueles61 said:
Ian said:

Exactly the same for me, and its almost caused a divorce!
Checked 3 websites, and they all showed Reading away.
Wife's 50th, so booked 3 nights in South of France from Friday to Sunday.
She's still going, and I'll fly 06.45 from London on Sunday.
Luckily she will be with our friends.
They aren't footie fans and think I'm a knob, which I can't disagree.
It's going to cost me an extra £200, plus god knows how much at a jewellers!
I feel really guilty, but I've been waiting for the glory years for 41 years, and now I'm going to enjoy it, (with serious guilt).
wow no way would I ever put a football match infront of such a special occasion for my wife cant believe some people prioritise football over cherished moments with a loved one

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Ok. Please tell me I am not on my own. Now I am 95% certain I won't be at wembley due to my wife going on a hen do In Leeds and I promised I would have the kids. The 5% possibility is dependent on the mother in law.

To say I am gutted is an understatement. I have been giving it "you go and have a loveley time" etc etc yest deep down I am really pissed off.

Looking at the kick off time and potential nightmares for getting home I am sort of happy I can at least watch it on tv but these are the days we have craved for so long and I am having to miss it. Sick as a chip..

Anyone else in my boat?

I'll be there. I'll be pissed. I'll see us lift the FA Cup but if the camara pans in on me on cup final day I'll give you a wave. x

SHB & Pidge - Top men.

I didn't go against Stoke because I didn't have a pot to piss in at the time. Mrs Lavinda said 'go', but - final or not - if the kids can't go (or for some God foresaken reason don't want to) then I'm not going to the match.

If Mrs Lavinda had arranged something that clashed with football, I'd do what she wanted. It's called give and take. I've spent a small fortune on City over the years and she's never complained.

I enjoy going to the match with my kids and they love it - win, lose or draw. I never really had the chance to go with my dad when I was a kid because of his work pattern. I wish I could have taken him more in later years.

Family first. Every time.

It's only twenty-two grotesquely overpaid men kicking a ball around.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.