The "I'm not going to the final" thread

nice neil said:
The way I see it, if anyone's stupid or selfish enough to book weddings or other events on Cup Final Day, then they deserve no one to turn up. Eejits ! If your Mrs loved you, she wouldn't expect you to miss an FA Cup Final for a hen do. The woman !

read my post-it isnt fora hen do..its because I HAVE YOUNG KIDS

crystal_mais said:
I definitily won't be going - My bloody wife's first cousin is getting married on that day in Reading.

My wife even suggested my son and I goto the game after the morning ceremony as long as we are back for the reception. But thats all tits up now as the game starts at 5:15 and the reception at 6:30.

I'll only get to watch the 1st half in the hotel. I've kindly donated my tickets to a friend of mine but am absolutely gutted.
The most important part is the wedding, not the reception, surely
Go to the wedding
Go to the match
Turn up late for the reception pissed ready to drown your sorrows or celebrate like a loon

Everyone's a winner

I booked a holiday some months ago. After checking the fixtures and saw Reading away, I went for it. I somehow had it in my mind that the FA Cup final was moving back to the last game of the season.
Am gutted, but will now need to find a Blue Bar in Tenerife to watch. Someone on here mentioned the Blue Terrace Bar. Anyone watched a game in there?

Pigeonho said:
M24-CRC said:
Pigeonho said:
My mate is having a 'final' party, hopefully get the BBQ running if the weather lets us. 12 oclock start, then onto the local afterwards.
is that your way of saying that you won't be going to the final either?
Seeing as it's in the 'i'm not going to the final' thread, what do you think?
I'm just surprised.....always thought you was a regular match going blue.
I'm sure you have a genuine reason.

M24-CRC said:
Pigeonho said:
M24-CRC said:
is that your way of saying that you won't be going to the final either?
Zzzzzz.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
nice neil said:
The way I see it, if anyone's stupid or selfish enough to book weddings or other events on Cup Final Day, then they deserve no one to turn up. Eejits ! If your Mrs loved you, she wouldn't expect you to miss an FA Cup Final for a hen do. The woman !

you may have young kids that need looking after......but the reason that you are not going to the cup final is that you have to look after them because your mrs is going on a hen do.<br /><br />-- Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:39 pm --<br /><br />
Pigeonho said:
M24-CRC said:
Pigeonho said:
Zzzzzz.
why the Zzzzzzz.......i was just surprised as I always thought you was a regular match going blue??

I'll let a mate buy a Cup Final ticket using my Season Card number and loyalty points
I can't be arsed travelling and it's not like we'll be struggling to move the tickets

When we played Stoke in the 2011 Final, I got a call from work and was told there were two corporate tickets going for free, but they had to be collected in Birmingham on the Friday before the game
If that scenario happens again, I will go and take one of the kids

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
nice neil said:

Am I missing something here? The reason your not going isn't because you have young kids, its because she's going on a hen do! Like Neil said any partner who knows how much their other half love football wouldn't stop them going to a fucking cup final, at the very least she would MAKE her mum have the kids so you could still go, you need to put your foot down mate.

I won't be going, won't get a ticket. Live in Torbay.

But if any of you who would be able to get ticket(s) could buy on my behalf I would love to send my grandad, lifelong blue, would be wonderful to get him there with my dad. Don't want to look like a complete beg but if you can, a PM would be more appreciated than you could imagine!

squirtyflower said:
crystal_mais said:
I definitily won't be going - My bloody wife's first cousin is getting married on that day in Reading.

My wife even suggested my son and I goto the game after the morning ceremony as long as we are back for the reception. But thats all tits up now as the game starts at 5:15 and the reception at 6:30.

I'll only get to watch the 1st half in the hotel. I've kindly donated my tickets to a friend of mine but am absolutely gutted.
The most important part is the wedding, not the reception, surely
Go to the wedding
Go to the match
Turn up late for the reception pissed ready to drown your sorrows or celebrate like a loon

Everyone's a winner

Big mistake to give away the tickets. What if the wedding is called off?

I nearly missed a City match for similar reasons. I was going to sell my ticket but didnt get round to it. Then, just before the match, I broke my arm. This meant I couldnt get to the do (had to drive there) but I could get to City. Every cloud....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.