The Italian Benitez...

BillyShears said:
He could spend the next 10 years here and he won't win the league...he may get lucky and get given it by default again...

He'll do well in the cup competitions he's arsed about. He'll make a meal of telling us how the mentality of the players is a problem, or that his first choice left back was injured and how that's so damn important to playing in his one dimensional style. But in the end, he'll just be the emperor's new clothes.

Not felt this sick since Stuart Pearce's last derby in charge at COMS...

oh shit the relentless moaning anti-Mancini whinger is back again

yawn

Bigga said:
jay_mcfc said:
The reason why we were so bereft of ideas is because Tevez was never fit from the start and therefore Rio and Vidic had nothing to do. Our system relies heavily on Tevez being on form and running down defenders which he wasn't able to do tonight because he was not fit. That is also the most likely explanation as to why he didn't let rip in the first few minutes.

You know what?

I know people love his tearing around style, but maybe it was fitness as you say, but it just wasn't conducive tonight. Not only that, but his decision making was absolutely dire!! Tonight he tried to bundle the ball through, when it would have been easier to slot someone else through, if he wasn't 100%.

Poor game from him, for me.

There were a number of occasions that options were open for him to play somebody else on. BUT those options weren't taken .......

BillyShears said:
WNRH said:
Behave Liam, united never went for the win. Two same teams.

They played better than us, with worse players. I'm not sure how that can be classed as a victory or even a point gained. I'm reading the excuses in this thread, and the only two valid ones seem to be "look at the bigger picture - we're still comfortably 4th", and Carlos didn't seem fit...beyond that, we performed no better than we did in the corresponding fixture last season. What cost us last season wasn't just losing to Spurs, but it was the insipid display's against United, Arsenal, Liverpool, et al where we showed absolutely not enough desire nor enough guile to beat them. Just as we showed tonight.

I accept completely that it's good enough for the vast majority. I'm not asking you to join me in my opinions.
I want to!! I hate that I'm gonna say this, but we should be beating teams like that! (I Know!! A season ticket holder since 85 shooting his mouth off about the teams he thinks we have the players to beat!! What next???)

BillyShears said:
WNRH said:

They played better than us, with worse players. I'm not sure how that can be classed as a victory or even a point gained. I'm reading the excuses in this thread, and the only two valid ones seem to be "look at the bigger picture - we're still comfortably 4th", and Carlos didn't seem fit...beyond that, we performed no better than we did in the corresponding fixture last season. What cost us last season wasn't just losing to Spurs, but it was the insipid display's against United, Arsenal, Liverpool, et al where we showed absolutely not enough desire nor enough guile to beat them. Just as we showed tonight.

I accept completely that it's good enough for the vast majority. I'm not asking you to join me in my opinions.

Tell me how many chances they created and then tell me how many chances we created and then tell me who was the side that attacked more. Neither side did (allthough we created more and had the better chances), it was 11 men behind the ball on both teams, a stalemate, a chess match, both teams were equally defensive and both had the same mission to come out of the game without a loss.

Balti said:
BillyShears said:
He could spend the next 10 years here and he won't win the league...he may get lucky and get given it by default again...

He'll do well in the cup competitions he's arsed about. He'll make a meal of telling us how the mentality of the players is a problem, or that his first choice left back was injured and how that's so damn important to playing in his one dimensional style. But in the end, he'll just be the emperor's new clothes.

Not felt this sick since Stuart Pearce's last derby in charge at COMS...

oh shit the relentless moaning anti-Mancini whinger is back again

yawn

Give over...you can do better than that!

Tell me, did you enjoy watching the match tonight?

BillyShears said:
WNRH said:

If we finish 2nd or 3rd will that be good enough this season for you?

To do that we may well have to bet the 'lesser' teams and go unbeaten against the top 4 contenders (including Liverpool).

So would that allay your fears for next season?

TheMightyQuinn said:
Bring back Ireland!
and barton. he would have defo kicked off, at least there would have been some entertainment. scholes me thinks would have been on the deck in no time. with a few teeth missing. now thats entertainement. enough of my rant!

Joycee Banercheck said:
wayne71 said:
In the past it didnt matter a jot how we did against united, it was simply bragging rights with your mates for a few months. Now we are competing with them for the premier league it puts a different slant on things. We can no longer go gungho and hope to win 5-1 every few years. As much fun as it was I don't actually remember the 5-1 doing us much good that season, the point gained today may mean the difference between europa and CL next year.
That 5-1 got us out of a relegation zone with Mel. we drew with spuds a week later and went to Luton ( I think - at Kennilworth when they had a fearsome Kingsley Black and we won or drew). We went on to stay up that year and finisged fifth a year or two later. But it means fuck all these days - neither does Kingsley Black.

Thats kind of my point, beating united today and losing next week is less beneficial than drawing today and winning next week. Manicni's brief is to get us in the CL, he will and as much as I like him he wont be here in a few years when we're winning the league, he is simply the next stage in our development. the 5-1 may have helped us stay up (I honestly cannot remember) but the point today could turnout to be much more important to us as a club.

SPIDERBOY said:
ThreeTeamSupporter said:
Sure, I'll give it a go
- He's started against Poznan and Blackpool (that's 2 of the last 5), and what did he do? Not a lot. (He only came alive against Poznan in the last 20)
- I think most posters on here will agree that he's most effective in the last 20, against a tired opposition (see Newcastle for further details). He gets shut out in the majority of games if he's not put on in this situation.
- He's not good enough at defending.
- He gives the ball away in dangerous positions.

I'm not saying he's not a good player (which he clearly is), but, at the moment, I think Mancini is right in making him an 'impact' substitute.

ok,i'll go along with some of your quotes,but how can he improve when just a sub.....
you say he's most effective in the last 20,why not use him for the first half and then use milner?

Because, as I said, he's most effective against a tired opposition.

Look at his game - his best trick is to have two players running alongside him...he beats the first on the outside and then cuts inside to beat the second. But what you'll notice is that this rarely works when the opposition are still fresh; but it works a treat when they're tired, and not on their game mentally anymore.

He's been here less than a year, bacon face as been here over 20. A good chunk of our team were only playing in their first derby today, most of theirs have been playing for years. We're fourth in the league, stop behaving like a little baby, put your toys back in the pram and show a little patience.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.