The ITK Discussion Thread [Merged]

Re: Terry and other stuff (please read carefully)

can anyone translate all of the above posts, am i on the university challenge thread

Matty said:
GaudinoMotors said:
Damocles said:
I agree with your point Matty, but that's presuming that we have a nation full of Einsteins on one side, and Vicky Pollards on the other.

Mind you, there is quite a few rags, so maybe your theory stands.
To a degree he is inferring that - (and by the way his IQ ratings are flawed) - but flyer has destroyed all logic to stay in the discussion
How so? Serious question as my intention was to pick 10 'random people'. Surely it's possible to randomly pick 10 people who happen to have those IQ's and, as such, work out their average? I wasn't contending that the UK would in any way look like that.

I concur with Alfred Binet - that's all - your logic is correct of course

Matty said:
Damocles said:
OB1 said:
URG,

I know that you do have contacts in useful places, do your homework, and always pass stuff on in good faith. I also know that just because someone with good information tells you or anyone else with connections about something that might happen, it does not mean that it will, because shit happens. And that is something everyone should keep in mind, in addition to, as you point out, learning to read carefully what people write. Sadly half the people in the country are of below average intelligence and some of them make it on to this forum.

How can half the people in the country be of below average intelligence?

Ha! Git oot of thart one ya basteed! :)

Outliers.

If you have a handful of people who are super intelligent, and there isn't a corresponding number of people who are super thick, then more than 50% of the population would be below the "average" level of intelligence.

If you used IQ, and took a sample of 10 people, it could potentially look like this:-

Person A - 102
Person B - 97
Person C - 146
Person D - 105
Person E - 88
Person F - 100
Person G - 101
Person H - 104
Person I - 99
Person J - 97

That gives you a total of 1039 which, when divided by 10, gives you an average of 103.9. Looking at the above people you've got 7 "below average" and 3 "above average" basically due to the 146 score.

Simple!!

I knew I'd get some interesting responses.

GaudinoMotors said:
Matty said:
GaudinoMotors said:
Damocles said:
I agree with your point Matty, but that's presuming that we have a nation full of Einsteins on one side, and Vicky Pollards on the other.

Mind you, there is quite a few rags, so maybe your theory stands.
To a degree he is inferring that - (and by the way his IQ ratings are flawed) - but flyer has destroyed all logic to stay in the discussion
How so? Serious question as my intention was to pick 10 'random people'. Surely it's possible to randomly pick 10 people who happen to have those IQ's and, as such, work out their average? I wasn't contending that the UK would in any way look like that.

I concur with Alfred Binet - that's all - your logic is correct of course
alfred binet did he make that thing you wash your arse in but no one ever does

Just heared Terry in training at Chelsea ground. Let him stay there

Matty said:
i8rags said:
Anyone who doesn't use said appliance for cleaning their football boots after a game is missing an opportunity.
Think that's bidet (used for keeping your drinks cool ! )

citygirl77 said:
Matty said:
i8rags said:
Anyone who doesn't use said appliance for cleaning their football boots after a game is missing an opportunity.
Think that's bidet (used for keeping your drinks cool ! )
ours is in the garden with a geranium in it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.