The ITK Discussion Thread [Merged]

Re: Just this minute.............

Markutis said:
spursmad321 said:
Blue Coop said:
spursmad321 said:
Just to clarify what I think is currently happening regarding Eto'o.

1)Eto'o has 100% agreed to come to Man City. ( fact)

2) Eto'o is now trying to maximise his leaving package from Barcelona. (imho)

3) His agent may say some negative things about Eto'o joining city , but this all about number 2.(imho)

4) imho Eto'o will join City, I am very confident in that.

Cheers

Spursmad321

If both parties are stubborn enough then the deal could easily be off though?

Barcelona will give in, Eto'o only has one year left on is contract so Barcelona have the most to lose, and Eto'o knows this.

Sorry, but this isn't exactly true. What do we know about Eto'o in Barcelona:

1) He's an ego freak. He couldn't stand that Ronaldinho was the first vedette in the Rijkaard's era and again when the brazilian's gone is Messi not him. Also, fans are divided about Eto'o because of his occasionally controversial statements in the media but in spite of that, he was always professional on the field. Furthermore, this year there is an African Cup during the season.

2) Eto'o has an agreement with Milan for 2010. If he stays one more year, he'll go free to another superclub. He refuses to sign a new contract because he's angry with the intentions of selling him that Barça showed last summer, following instructions by Guardiola who's never fond of the cameroonian. I think he could go to City only if he is going to be the best payed footbaler of the world and the true star of the team, because of the ego thing. One little sample: during the last games of the past season, when Barcelona was already champion of the league and the cup but with a Champions league final to happen, is well known that Eto'o argued with Guardiola because he wanted to play every league game to win the golden foot risking an injury.

3) Barcelona needs Eto'o's transfer money to pay for David Villa. They'll never give up on that. If Samu's going to leave, he has to leave some money behind or he's going to stay. But Eto'o doesn't want Barcelona to get that money for grudge and this is one of the reasons why he's demanding so much money from City. The more for him, the less for Barcelona he think.

4) The president is the best friend of Eto'o in FC Barcelona. They have a special relationship since he came from Mallorca on loan from eternal rivals R. Madrid (where he never was taked seriously) because of the tenacity of Laporta. That was a hard transfer to close, and since then Laporta has always defended Eto'o from the critics outside and inside the club. I'm pretty sure things will be solved once they sit together and talk about the situation. Before that, this is going to get nasty.

All in all, this is a fight between Eto'o's pride and Barça's needs. City must be patient or quit because this is not going to be quick.

I've been on and off the board for 12 hours today, and i've learnt more from that one post than all the others put together. Makes me wonder who you are ;) Anyway, is the agreement with Milan common knowledge?

chorleybloo123 said:
davelyncooper said:
It looks like its just about the money...........so he can fuck right off

How else are we going to get the best players? We don't have Europe or any trophies. We only really have one attraction - money!

Exactly. We would be defeating the entire object if we have all this money without wanting to spend it. A cynic would argue that we need to prove that money does indeed talk.

Markutis said:
spursmad321 said:
Blue Coop said:
spursmad321 said:
Just to clarify what I think is currently happening regarding Eto'o.

1)Eto'o has 100% agreed to come to Man City. ( fact)

2) Eto'o is now trying to maximise his leaving package from Barcelona. (imho)

3) His agent may say some negative things about Eto'o joining city , but this all about number 2.(imho)

4) imho Eto'o will join City, I am very confident in that.

Cheers

Spursmad321

If both parties are stubborn enough then the deal could easily be off though?

Barcelona will give in, Eto'o only has one year left on is contract so Barcelona have the most to lose, and Eto'o knows this.

Sorry, but this isn't exactly true. What do we know about Eto'o in Barcelona:

1) He's an ego freak. He couldn't stand that Ronaldinho was the first vedette in the Rijkaard's era and again when the brazilian's gone is Messi not him. Also, fans are divided about Eto'o because of his occasionally controversial statements in the media but in spite of that, he was always professional on the field. Furthermore, this year there is an African Cup during the season.

2) Eto'o has an agreement with Milan for 2010. If he stays one more year, he'll go free to another superclub. He refuses to sign a new contract because he's angry with the intentions of selling him that Barça showed last summer, following instructions by Guardiola who's never fond of the cameroonian. I think he could go to City only if he is going to be the best payed footbaler of the world and the true star of the team, because of the ego thing. One little sample: during the last games of the past season, when Barcelona was already champion of the league and the cup but with a Champions league final to happen, is well known that Eto'o argued with Guardiola because he wanted to play every league game to win the golden foot risking an injury.

3) Barcelona needs Eto'o's transfer money to pay for David Villa. They'll never give up on that. If Samu's going to leave, he has to leave some money behind or he's going to stay. But Eto'o doesn't want Barcelona to get that money for grudge and this is one of the reasons why he's demanding so much money from City. The more for him, the less for Barcelona he think.

4) The president is the best friend of Eto'o in FC Barcelona. They have a special relationship since he came from Mallorca on loan from eternal rivals R. Madrid (where he never was taked seriously) because of the tenacity of Laporta. That was a hard transfer to close, and since then Laporta has always defended Eto'o from the critics outside and inside the club. I'm pretty sure things will be solved once they sit together and talk about the situation. Before that, this is going to get nasty.

All in all, this is a fight between Eto'o's pride and Barça's needs. City must be patient or quit because this is not going to be quick.

Fascinating post. Thanks for the information.

I don't know who to believe, so i am going to wait for mr cook, to say

" good afternoon blues, i know you have all been awaiting a big announcement, and i now have one, Samuel Eto'o is now a city player, up yours blatter, platini, baconface, and any other miserable b*st%rd that doesn't like it"

Markutis:

I read your previous posts.....Forza Barca!

Nice post, great english by the way. City fans love the way Barca play, we always refer to your team as the model we should follow, on and off the pitch. Plenty of us brought shirts and made flags after the Champions League Final, not just because you beat Utd, but because you completely outclassed them.

I don't know if you know this, but because of the insane amount of idiots who want to post untrue rumours, the site owner decided that only those with more than 50 posts could start new topics in the transfer forum. It's a shame that it stops people like yourself from contributing fully. If you want, we can create a new topic for you anytime, or, you can just post a few times in Off-Topic. there is a thread called 'last person to post wins £20'. you could probably post 50 times there and no-one would notice, because it's complete nonsense ;) either that, or tell us what you are listening to, what you think of michael jackson, anything.

You are very welcome here. :)

how do you know about this "agreement" with milan out of interest?

bizzbo said:
Ric said:
I spoke to someone very well placed at the club tonight and they too seemed pretty despondent about what had gone on today. They didn't say the deal was definitely off, but it's looking increasingly unlikely.

fair does, but, bloody hell, i'd just convinced myself today didnt mean anything at all.

No offence but isn't this just dirty dish cloth twatzoid talk.

Pam said:
bizzbo said:
Ric said:
I spoke to someone very well placed at the club tonight and they too seemed pretty despondent about what had gone on today. They didn't say the deal was definitely off, but it's looking increasingly unlikely.

fair does, but, bloody hell, i'd just convinced myself today didnt mean anything at all.

Ragtoid talk.

Oi! Abuse!

bizzbo said:
Pam said:
bizzbo said:
Ric said:

Ragtoid talk.

Oi! Abuse!

Can't be abuse if it's true.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.