The ITK Discussion Thread [Merged]

Re: Just this minute.............

Couldn't see how Eto gonna keep hold of his highly respected status if he decides to stay at Barca for another year. I can see Guardiola just leave him on the bench for the whole season and carelessly let Eto out of contract at the end and I'm sure there won't be any stupid clubs in the world that kind enough to offer a bigger package than what City offers today for a bench warmer who reaching 29-30 yrs at the time.

It is now Tuesday morning 04.26 and reading all the online newspapers Eto wants £12m pay off he reckons if he waits 12 months when his contract has run out he can demand that much from any buyer.

Counting chickens and hatching come's to mind.

mick hunt said:
It is now Tuesday morning 04.26 and reading all the online newspapers Eto wants £12m pay off he reckons if he waits 12 months when his contract has run out he can demand that much from any buyer.

Counting chickens and hatching come's to mind.

sounds like eto is playing hardball with barca , still hoping he signs but gotta wait for this press conferance. Anyone know wot time conferance is its been said on ( bbc 606 forum ) its 10am or 3pm so i havent a fookin clue ( o and if any bluemooners are on 606 my name is the same on that site aswell ) lets hop[e its good news :)

Can I add my vote to the "tell the greedy bastard to go feck himself" camp?

As if £200k per week wage demand isn't obscene enough, a £12.5m lump sum? Who the feck does he think he is. No player is worth that. I know we have limitless money but until clubs take a stand and tell players like this to get stuffed, it's going to get worse and worse.

Equally importantly, he's supposed to be a mardy bastard and you have to question his commitment when playing for us if £200k a week on it's is not enough.

Eto'o is world class and I really, really hope we still get him. I'm keeping the faith.

However, if he is being a greedy bastard, the club needs to be smart, we can't just cave into his demands if they are ludicrous. We can't let ourselves be dragged through the mud and embarrassed again, so this whole thing needs to go as fast as possible. In my humble opinion.

Chippy_boy said:

As if £200k per week wage demand isn't obscene enough, a £12.5m lump sum? Who the feck does he think he is. No player is worth that. I know we have limitless money but until clubs take a stand and tell players like this to get stuffed, it's going to get worse and worse.

Equally importantly, he's supposed to be a mardy bastard and you have to question his commitment when playing for us if £200k a week on it's is not enough.

The money is supposedly owed to him by Barca. Would you just walk away from £12M if you were owed it? It's pointless talking about his salary being enough because £12M > 200k per week for a year. So effectively you are saying he should forget the 430k he is entitled to and just go for 200k because a few folks on BM think he is a mercenary.

Project said:
Chippy_boy said:

The money is supposedly owed to him by Barca. Would you just walk away from £12M if you were owed it? It's pointless talking about his salary being enough because £12M > 200k per week for a year. So effectively you are saying he should forget the 430k he is entitled to and just go for 200k because a few folks on BM think he is a mercenary.

I agree with this - if he is entitled to the money then he's got every right to ask Barca for it. Loyalty works both ways in football - it's the players that are forever getting slated for being mercenaries but often it's the clubs that are happy to shovel players out the door before the end of their contract as they no longer want them.

What I don't want is a situation where City end up paying the money to Eto'o - that is something I wouldn't be comfortable with. Even with our seemingly bottomless pot of cash, we still have to draw the line somewhere. This is between Eto'o and Barcelona IMO, and even if our refusal to stump up scuppers the deal then so be it. Newcastle shelled out the extra when they signed Barton and I thought they were stupid to do so.

typical over the topmedia reaction swinging from one extreme to another a bit like some of our fellow blues on message boards , the simple fact missed by all the headline makers is the man IS entitled to it as part of his contract , whether it is morally right or wrong can be debated but to portray him asking for the money as if he is not entitled to it is wrong , there is a lot of mileage left in this transfer yet.There will be many pressing f5 on newsnow for a positive turn in a story but the bottom line is dont believe any of the bastards good news or bad just wait for City .

What gets me is that Barca arn't getting pelters for giving a player a £15mil bonus, Newcastle got slated for giving thier players £500,000 loyalty bonus and if we give Robinho a £15mil loyalty bounus all hell would brake out, but cos its romantic Barcelona its OK and Eto's a cu@t for wanting whats in his contract.

Eto'o is playing a very risky game here. At the moment he believes that if he waits for twelve more months he will end up with a lot more money, as the signing on fee for his new club will be in the region of City's offer of £25 million and then 'stratospheric' wages. However there are two problems with this strategy:
1. Who, apart from City, would pay that kind of fee and wages for a 29 year old who may be past his peak?
2. He could, for example, rupture his cruciate ligament in a game in late November, scuppering any chance at all negotiating a new contract and then potentially be unemployed at the end of the season, and no lucrative deal to see out his days.

At the end of the day it is down to him, and it will be his choice. Guaranteed big bucks for five years, or potentially bigger bucks for five years deferred for one year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.