The Jocks are coming

you never know whats going to happen , they might be nobs , then again they might not , you will always get dickheads no matter what team you follow.

cyberblue said:
The point i am trying to make is this if 10,000 celtic fans come down & have a great time & a couple of dozen sing IRA songs round a post Box what are you going to read about in the Papers ?

Couldn't give a shit what Celtic fans do, if a few sing IRA songs then i will view them as wankers, i won't as you say "get on my high horse" about it as it has fuck all to do with the thing i love.

Singing m'unich songs at City matches is something that i care about and i don't want a few twats ruining the reputation of thousands of decent blues by doing it, and it will get worse and worse if we just accept it.

cyberblue said:
How can we forget ?we Live Here but we cant blame the Celtic fans

what im saying is you cant blame the celtic fans , because thats there belief or religion or whatever, but there will be city fans who get quite pissed off about the ira songs .

azatheblue said:
cyberblue said:
How can we forget ?we Live Here but we cant blame the Celtic fans

i agree with you there but what im saying is there will be city fans who get really wound up about it , as always and react to it. .

Immaculate Pasta said:
cyberblue said:
The point i am trying to make is this if 10,000 celtic fans come down & have a great time & a couple of dozen sing IRA songs round a post Box what are you going to read about in the Papers ?

Couldn't give a shit what Celtic fans do, if a few sing IRA songs then i will view them as wankers, i won't as you say "get on my high horse" about it as it has fuck all to do with the thing i love.

Singing m'unich songs at City matches is something that i care about and i don't want a few twats ruining the reputation of thousands of decent blues by doing it, and it will get worse and worse if we just accept it.

it's hardly a new phenomena. dunno if it's getting worse. you do have to bear in mind some of them are doing it to get attention, and if you think they'll stop overnight because we don't like it, you've got the wrong idea. It's a tricky one. I think cyberblue is saying that if you make too much of a big deal about it, the rest of the world will take the opportunity to tar us all with the same brush. Even that probably wouldn't stop the wrong 'uns from singing their playground songs. But I understand you don't want to accept it, I don't either. Thinking about it tho, I'm not daft enough to believe that everyone can be reasoned with.

Bizz you have hit the nail on the head ,the other point is . we all get pissed up & end up doing / saying things we should not but that is life. & it aint the end of the world

bizzbo said:
Immaculate Pasta said:

it's hardly a new phenomena. dunno if it's getting worse. you do have to bear in mind some of them are doing it to get attention, and if you think they'll stop overnight because we don't like it, you've got the wrong idea. It's a tricky one. I think cyberblue is saying that if you make too much of a big deal about it, the rest of the world will take the opportunity to tar us all with the same brush. Even that probably wouldn't stop the wrong 'uns from singing their playground songs. But I understand you don't want to accept it, I don't either. Thinking about it tho, I'm not daft enough to believe that everyone can be reasoned with.

What's worse though. A tiny minority of fans of other clubs reading it on a forum or national tv or radio audience hearing it? Because that is what will happen if it becomes accepted and nothing we can do about it.

Plenty of people on here will have picked themselves up off the floor the day the bomb went off in the city centre, I know because I was one of them. So its pretty much fair play to be offended by the thought of dickheads (whoever they are, and whoever they support) coming to our city singing IRA songs.

That said nobody has done it this time yet have they so lets not talk about it, and lets hope the Celtic fans have abit of class eh... Don't forget we have plenty of dickheads aswell...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.