The Junior Blues.....

I was member no 3. The son of 70’s City journalist Peter Gardner who I went to junior school with was no 1 or 2. Still got my original membership card/ letter Mother kept all her life with autograph’s from the pantomime cast that they used to put on in the old social club at Christmas and occasionally on the field!! :)

What a job Peter Gardner had - though he did often say that he wasn't just a fan with a typewriter!

There was a mini five a side comp at Plymouth grove about 74/75 under 16s which we won , adults was won by Middleton branch still got the picture from the evening news.

We had something similar at Platt Lane early 80's(Me mams got loads of polaroids of that day, I'll have to dig them out when next round), like a City day, with all sorts going on. Remember the silk scarves and funny shaped pens. Could be my memory but I'm sure we used to meet up at Wilmslow rd end of Platt fields park?

We had something similar at Platt Lane early 80's(Me mams got loads of polaroids of that day, I'll have to dig them out when next round), like a City day, with all sorts going on. Remember the silk scarves and funny shaped pens. Could be my memory but I'm sure we used to meet up at Wilmslow rd end of Platt fields park?
Was a good day & had are photo taken on top of the dug out at Maine road they put it on the back page of the evening news .

Hi all
I was wondering if any of you can help me. I’m trying to find a particular issue of Junior Blues from 1984.
Growing up, I was a big fan of Roy of the Rovers comic. And I’ve been reliving it it in my advancing age!
In the 24th November 1984 issue, it mentions that there was an exclusive Roy of the Rovers story in the Junior Blues magazine that was coming out that month.
Do any of you know about it, please?

Many thanks

God this brings back memories. I asked me Dad how do I join and he said write to Peter Swales which is what I did. I even remember using the word Ardent in the letter. My Dad told me to use it when he was helping me with it. I remember the scarf and going on the bus on Sundays from Crumpsall on me own to town and another bus to Maine Road, I was only 12. Jesus I wouldnt let my kids out of the street at 12 these days. Harry Godwin used a ruler to sign his name in my autograph book. Joe, Mike Doyle, Owen and Barnes were in there too. Loved it. My first Season ticket in North Stand Block L right in the corner near the police control box was £12 with my JB discount. Used to go to matches on my own too. I remember once not taking my ticket out of my Parka arm pocket and realising it when I was at School on Monday. Shitting myself all day in case I lost it. Following year I moved to Platt Lane for £7. Loved the newsletters and going to the old social club. Great days

Used to go to Chadderton meetings at the old ferranti social club, which is now a Morrison’s

Remember going to Maine Rd to be part of the kids on the pitch making the ‘city’ formation

My first couple of seasons as a season ticket holder 81-83 were in the junior blues platt Lane section, bottom couple of blocks by the Kippax

Was a junior blue in the 80s. Remember the scarf and my name in the magazine. But lived much to far away to ho to club/meetings.

I have a very vague recollection of being taken by my dad to the launch of the Junior Blues at the City Social club and joining up. Anyone know what year that would have been? I am guessing early to mid-70's

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.