"The Keeper"

Wankers have got some shit film on.
Hahaha, I see what's happened.

The TV channels release their schedules and then the software picks up the synopsis based on the show titles. Here, the wrong synopsis has been assigned to the title - a different film called The Keeper with Steven Seagal. Bad programming! I've seen it a few times, my EE TV box once had a picture of the Two Ronnies but the programme was a documentary about prostitution! In that case the synopsis was right, just the wrong picture.

Anyways, I thought it was an odd channel to premiere on.

My Sky planner said it was the film about a German POW etc, did think it was odd that the film had gone to a crappy channel so quickly.

My Sky planner said it was the film about a German POW etc, did think it was odd that the film had gone to a crappy channel so quickly.
Here's the synopsis that should have been included (c/o Rotten Tomatoes) ...

A former Manchester City goalkeeper must rescue the girl he was hired to protect after she is kidnapped by a gang of ruthless mobsters. Bert Trautman (Steven Seagal) was a good goalkeeper, a trait his corrupt former partner viewed as his Achilles Heel. Forced into early retirement following a bitter neck injury, Trautman goes to work as a freelance bodyguard. Subsequently hired to safeguard his gorgeous daughter of an influential businessman, the tough protector must fight his way up through the underworld after his charge is abducted and held prisoner by the most feared syndicate in the city.

Here's the synopsis that should have been included (c/o Rotten Tomatoes) ...

A former Manchester City goalkeeper must rescue the girl he was hired to protect after she is kidnapped by a gang of ruthless mobsters. Bert Trautman (Steven Seagal) was a good goalkeeper, a trait his corrupt former partner viewed as his Achilles Heel. Forced into early retirement following a bitter neck injury, Trautman goes to work as a freelance bodyguard. Subsequently hired to safeguard his gorgeous daughter of an influential businessman, the tough protector must fight his way up through the underworld after his charge is abducted and held prisoner by the most feared syndicate in the city.

Wish I'd watched it now

Watched it today, good film, quite sad in parts especially losing his young son. Can any old timers confirm if he was he really boo'd by everyone when he played his first game for us? Or was that artistic licence?

I can confirm that he was not "booed by everyone", or by anybody as far as I know. There was some opposition (perhaps understandably) from a section of the Jewish residents of Manchester, but at the home matches that 1949-50 season Bert was rapidly seen as someone of exceptional talent.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.