The Key The Secret - beating Chelsea...

the blue panther said:
gmtx said:
Arteta & Modric better than Essien? Give me a break...

It's all about opinions innit, and mine's the only one that matters!

The problem is that your opinion holds about as much weight as Stephen Hawkings football boots.

Arteta, Gerrard & Modric better than Essien ffs. Essien is easily the best midfielder in the League atm along with Fabregas.

We'll need Yaya, NDJ & Barry all in top form at the CoM to contain him.

De Jongs greatest game in a city shirt by far.

he kept everything together in the middle, he played like 3 men.

sick of hearing him get called on here, take him out the team and you will notice.

first name on the teamsheet for me.

Freestyler said:

sick of hearing him get called on here, take him out the team and you will notice.

He never gets called on here, ever, by anyone.

However, some people have protested against the somewhat overzealous praise he seems to get. For what it's worth, I think he's a good player, and our team is definitely weaker without him, but some of the raving about him that goes on is a bit much. Of course that's not his fault, but it does get a bit irritating at times.

the blue panther said:
When was the last time NDJ had a bad game, or made a costly mistake in a match?
I can't remember one, but, he seems to be improving game by game to me.
And - going back to an earlier poster - though Essien is a very good midfield player, I don't think that he would transform us if we suddenly signed him.
If he turns out to be MOM against us and the Arse next week, I'll move him up a notch, but for me, he's still below Gerard, Fabregas, Lampard, Modric and Arteta as regards the best midfielders in the prem league.
Gerrard and Modric. Over-rated at the moment. Gerrard's form has dipped a lot over the last 12 months

gmtx said:
Freestyler said:

He never gets called on here, ever, by anyone.

However, some people have protested against the somewhat overzealous praise he seems to get. For what it's worth, I think he's a good player, and our team is definitely weaker without him, but some of the raving about him that goes on is a bit much. Of course that's not his fault, but it does get a bit irritating at times.

He kind of does though, some don't rate him at all, a couple of quotes stick in mind, Sabster says he puts into one or 2 blockbuster tackles a game, and apart from that does absolutely nothing. Neil McNab thinks Barton is a better player, which is in the top 10 list of most stupid things i've seen written on here, it's a tough list to get into.

pee dubya said:
He kind of does though, some don't rate him at all, a couple of quotes stick in mind, Sabster says he puts into one or 2 blockbuster tackles a game, and apart from that does absolutely nothing. Neil McNab thinks Barton is a better player, which is in the top 10 list of most stupid things i've seen written on here, it's a tough list to get into.

The other 9 all reside by the numerous Micah Richard threads, maybe the odd few in an Adebayor thread.

johnmc said:
Failsworth_Blue said:
Whether you think he's overrated or not surely you can't deny that his performance against Chelsea at home last season was absolutely outstanding?

Ok. But against teams where we should have won but drew he shouldnt have been on the pitch but to many as he did a non descript defensive midfielder role he is not seen to be at fault.

If you are a defensive midfielder and your not stopping attacks or shielding the defence as the opposition have 10 men behind the ball then you have to get involved in attack. He is incapable of doing so but can do no wrong in most peoples eyes

You know what, I like him but the love in for him at the minute gets to me. Barry has played as well if not better than him this season but doesnt get a tenth of the credit of NDJ. In fact Barry having a goodf game often mean NDJ allowed him to!!!

-- Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:05 pm --

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Your bias against him is laid bare.

The video compilation is exactly eight minutes long, yet you felt confident in your own knowledge to be dimissive of his talent, certainly on that day, and not even bother to watch it.

For the record, only four minutes had elapsed prior to you sticking the boot in to one of the very best players at the club, and me posting.

Keep you negative agenda to yourself.

Im at work so cannot see the video - you giving him full credit for the win against chelsea is a case of your bias laid bare towards him He was one of 11 - all played there part and i dont think NDJ deserved any special praise ovber anyone else that day

well you are wrong - De Jong dominated Essien - needn't say any more really

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.