The Key The Secret - beating Chelsea...

BingoBango said:
An Urban Cookie Collective reference on Bluemoon. I never thought I'd see the day.

ha ha... exactly what I thought when I saw the thread title.
Good floor filler back in the day!

When was the last time NDJ had a bad game, or made a costly mistake in a match?
I can't remember one, but, he seems to be improving game by game to me.
And - going back to an earlier poster - though Essien is a very good midfield player, I don't think that he would transform us if we suddenly signed him.
If he turns out to be MOM against us and the Arse next week, I'll move him up a notch, but for me, he's still below Gerard, Fabregas, Lampard, Modric and Arteta as regards the best midfielders in the prem league.

Nige looks so much better this season, he has added more movement to his game and looks much more comfortable on the ball. I think the WC has filled him with confidence and we will definitely reap the rewards this season! Even against poorer opposition he still has a key role to play in the team. You can't tell me that we didn't miss him against Blackburn?

the blue panther said:
And - going back to an earlier poster - though Essien is a very good midfield player, I don't think that he would transform us if we suddenly signed him.
If he turns out to be MOM against us and the Arse next week, I'll move him up a notch, but for me, he's still below Gerard, Fabregas, Lampard, Modric and Arteta as regards the best midfielders in the prem league.

Arteta & Modric better than Essien? Give me a break...

I don't understand the opinion that NDJ only has to play against certain teams. To me that's wrong. If NDJ is available, play him. Look at how he's played this year. He isn't there to just break up play. 9 out of 10 times when our defenders have the ball near out 18 yard box, NDJ shows for it. He then plays a simple ball to whoever is available, moves into space and is ready to receive it again.

Yeah that's basic stuff. But we haven't really done that basic sort of suff often enough in the past. Furthermore, NDJ is not a shit passer of the ball. He has great control, can knock a first time pass if under pressure or 1st time pass to feet when he's half way through a tackle, ball at knee high whilst contending for a ball. He's also getting forward more.

Out of ALL the midfielders we have, NDJ has shown he has the quality to be he ball-winner and the easy pass to get things moving forward.

Why does that have to be against certain teams? Surely against all teams we play we will need someone there to do that job?

I think De Jong is a very good player but he is vastly overratted by some on this site. You would think the team would not survive without him the way some people go on

BoyBlue_1985 said:
I think De Jong is a very good player but he is vastly overratted by some on this site. You would think the team would not survive without him the way some people go on

After watching how shaky our back 4 was in the Blackburn game, I'm not sure we would. Very important is Nige.

gmtx said:
the blue panther said:

Arteta & Modric better than Essien? Give me a break...

It's all about opinions innit, and mine's the only one that matters!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.