The Killers

they're certainly one in the lower echelons of guitar bands from the usa.

flaming lips/interpol/arcade fire are a lot better.

cbeebies is poo said:
" are we human are dancer?" what ever the lyric???/ come on are we human or one of santas reindeers?????

It's a quote from Hunter S. Thompson - the guy who wrote Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Seen them twice live and they were class on both occasions. Hot Fuss is their best album for me, and Sam's Town isn't too bad either. The last one - Day and Age - is probably their weakest but still has some good tracks on it, apart from that album of cover versions they brought out which was a bit naff.

Not sure how anyone can slate them lyrically - they're not too bad in that department. Plenty of so-called great bands have written songs with shit lyrics. Fuck me, look at some of the stuff The Beatles used to write - it made no sense whatsoever (not even to them I bet) but because it was The Beatles people steered clear of slating them for it.

My guess is that there's a bit of reverse snobbery coursing through this thread - people getting on their soapbox because they can't accept The Killers' popularity, and then claiming a lesser-known band with a smaller following is better. I see that kind of shit all the time.

Yeah shit band. Their 1st album was good but they are not Rock N' Roll. Actually they are a bit gay in a pet shop boys kinda way.

RPDB said:
Yeah shit band. Their 1st album was good but they are not Rock N' Roll. Actually they are a bit gay in a pet shop boys kinda way.

Could be because the Pet Shop Boys are a part of their influence! Each to his own at the end of the day, I like them, alot and Day and Age is currently the CD being raped both in the car and in the home. Don't see anything wrong with their quirkyness, and I quite like the dandy appearance they have. Good band, easy to listen to, good to be pissed to.
Regarding the YouTube link though, I fail to see how anybody can deny that is a quality piece of music.

PaulMcfc said:
cbeebies is poo said:
" are we human are dancer?" what ever the lyric???/ come on are we human or one of santas reindeers?????

It's a quote from Hunter S. Thompson - the guy who wrote Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

I must say sorry to the killers here, I am a fan of the film and the book! If anyone missed the doc which was on the tv few weeks back about hunter was very good. Although I don't agree with his thoughts on guns!

I see now are we human (indivdual) or we dancer (sheep).

Very good killers very good

Still shite song!

see they are doing a concert from our winter training HQ...

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.emiratespalace.com/en/special/index.htm?id=&item_id=91972&details=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.emiratespalace.com/en/specia ... &details=1</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.