The Kippax - Who misses it?

Never got to stand on it, though my season ticket was in there for the last two seasons at Maine Road! We left for Wembley from Moss Side and it was gut wrenching going past the Maine Road site now.

marco said:
paid £5 for my first ever junior season ticket mid 70s

I still see people who stood near me on the Kippax. Some who I never spoke to. But would recognise anywhere. Saw one lady in the Green Man who used to stand a bugs dick away from me on the Kippax.

Me, the freedom to move about and stand with all the fans that love to sing is priceless. Sadly its pot luck these days who you get stuck next too.

berger1985 said:
Never got to stand on it, though my season ticket was in there for the last two seasons at Maine Road! We left for Wembley from Moss Side and it was gut wrenching going past the Maine Road site now.

if those days had stayed and coms was never built we would probably be fucked by now having a ground beyond repair,no investment nothing,we may have even gone bust

marco said:
berger1985 said:

if those days had stayed and coms was never built we would probably be fucked by now having a ground beyond repair,no investment nothing,we may have even gone bust

Perhaps true. But sill miss it nonetheless. Had soul.

gio's side step said:
marco said:
paid £5 for my first ever junior season ticket mid 70s

I still see people who stood near me on the Kippax. Some who I never spoke to. But would recognise anywhere. Saw one lady in the Green Man who used to stand a bugs dick away from me on the Kippax.

we all had our own places on the kippax!

Maine Road was never the same after they replaced the Kippax Stand. I stopped going for a few years because I couldn't stand up any more. Pissed me right off. Only went to a handful of games there after that, it made me too sad.

I was actually really glad when we moved to the bright, shiny and new Eastlands, because it was a fresh start... It reminded me of the scene in One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest where Chief puts the lobotomised McMurphy out of his misery... Sad but it was for the best.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.