The Kippax - Who misses it?

1.618034 said:
Maine Road was never the same after they replaced the Kippax Stand. I stopped going for a few years because I couldn't stand up any more. Pissed me right off. Only went to a handful of games there after that, it made me too sad.

I was actually really glad when we moved to the bright, shiny and new Eastlands, because it was a fresh start...
It reminded me of the scene in One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest where Chief puts the lobotomised McMurphy out of his misery... Sad but it was for the best

Fucking brilliant. Great analogy

I love Maine rd and the kippax, but I look at it like my life
loved my time between 18 yrs- 27yrs ( when I was single) but I wouldn't want my time again. Happy with my life now.
Same as Eastlands, I love that it's more accessible by train for me , therefore easier to go for a beer in town.also prefer to sit down now to .Times move on

sky tot said:
I love Maine rd and the kippax, but I look at it like my life
loved my time between 18 yrs- 27yrs ( when I was single) but I wouldn't want my time again. Happy with my life now.
Same as Eastlands, I love that it's more accessible by train for me , therefore easier to go for a beer in town.also prefer to sit down now to .Times move on

Bet you would ;-)

gio's side step said:
3749273136_256344d8b5.jpg

I spent some years walking up those steps.

We always stood at the far left, about 3/4 of the way up next to the away fans - never forget officer dibble who smashed me with his truncheon at the Leeds game in 1980 for hurling abuse at my mate in the away end when they equalised!

miss the singing and the atmosphere but beyond that looking back it was grim - twats pissing up the back of your leg - away fans chicking shit at ya (as did City fans - views not brilliant - rose tinted glasses for most me thinks - if people had to pay 40 plus quid a ticket today to stand in the Kippax as it was it would have one of the longest if not longest threads on this site slaggin it off

BUT Kipax was City and for that i will always always have some good feeling towards it but ultimately it was a bit grim

dctid said:
miss the singing and the atmosphere but beyond that looking back it was grim - twats pissing up the back of your leg - away fans chicking shit at ya (as did City fans - views not brilliant - rose tinted glasses for most me thinks - if people had to pay 40 plus quid a ticket today to stand in the Kippax as it was it would have one of the longest if not longest threads on this site slaggin it off

BUT Kipax was City and for that i will always always have some good feeling towards it but ultimately it was a bit grim

View wasnt that bad

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.