The Kippax

I expect that there will be a few on here who can remember that swell of pride and achievement the first time they started a chant in the Kippax.

We won't mention the embarrassment we felt when we tried to start a chant and it died on it's arse...

Bloody hell I'd forgotten that. "Oh Withy Withy, Withy, Withy, Withy, Withy Wythenshawe!!!!"

Then there was the bloke with the loud voice booming out, "Zigga Zagga, Zigga Zagga!"

Especially to a blonde WPC at Chesterfield in the cup around '77.

I was there that night she was a stunner. We also sang "We know where you're truncheon is!" They moved her for the second half the spoilsports.

I remember the police holding us in a carpark at the train station and that old copper on a horse slagging us off and trying to get a reaction, an utter prick

Always used to park a succession of old bangers in Clinton Ave over the years.Dead handy. Nobody ever messed with them... totally dangerous rust buckets.
Forgive me father for I have sinned…

When I was a young ten year old (61/62) we’d ask mind yer car mister.
If declined we’d pop a make or type chrome strip off the car. Proper cast jobs they were, not the stickers now.
on big match days, when the Avenue was rammed we’d car surf over the roofs of the cars.

I was there that night she was a stunner. We also sang "We know where you're truncheon is!" They moved her for the second half the spoilsports.

I remember the police holding us in a carpark at the train station and that old copper on a horse slagging us off and trying to get a reaction, an utter prick
Awesome, I was a spotty 14/15 year old but she was loving it as much as me.

Forgive me father for I have sinned…

When I was a young ten year old (61/62) we’d ask mind yer car mister.
If declined we’d pop a make or type chrome strip off the car. Proper cast jobs they were, not the stickers now.
on big match days, when the Avenue was rammed we’d car surf over the roofs of the cars.
I really shouldn't be laughing at this post...

But I am!

There were so few cars on our street that we never had the chance to car surf. A street full of cars would have been too much to resist.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.