The Labour Government

They pay tax! I was waiting for that! Who pays their wages they pay the tax on?

25 million people effectively fund the remaining 43 million. Prove me wrong!????

You’re wrong. It’s not 25m, it’s much lower. 15.75m of tax payers are not dependent on the state (through direct and indirect benefits). That’s 23.5% of the entire population.

Our net dependency ratio for tax payers is 58% and that isn’t sustainable if we want to do anything other than exist as a nation slowly spiralling to oblivion. We need bold ideas, growth is great and necessary but moreover we just need salaries to rise more quickly than inflation so we can reduce in work benefits but how you do that without causing inflation or making the public sector too fat - given that’s the only pay the government controls and you can only employ so many people if pay is more attractive in the public sector. Maybe a new corporation tax for profits in companies where the median salary is below £xx,xxx would work - I’d like to see something like that as this topic boils my piss. It’s certainly going to take some nifty tricks to stave off a world that demands quick fixes.

Can Labour do it? I don’t know. I don’t know how much they see it as the problem but the noises I’ve heard in the last couple of weeks indicate they might well do. I hope they can as it’s in all our interests.

They pay tax and the tax contributes to their salaries.

Yes salary. Most public sector workers get paid once a month not every week.

You prove yourself wrong. Why should anyone waste any effort on a world view based on the collective sketches of two Harry Enfield characters?
You answer here is clearly nonsense. If it were that simple we could clear the unemployed by offering them jobs in local governemnt.

It’s decline started on 24 Feb 2022 due to its over reliance on Russian oil and gas. We don’t have that excuse. Incompetence, corruption and Brexit are ours. Hopefully that has started to change.
That certainly accelerated it, but it was on the way down before that. Also the mad rush to net zero has put a spanner in their automotive manufacturing, which was the bedrock of their economy. Their public services are almost as bad as ours. Until recently I used to go to Germany on a very regular basis on business as I worked for a very large German corporation. The difference from say 10 years ago is very noticeable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.