The Labour Government

Exactly, it’s the same for everyone now. We all have to pay VAT on luxury items.

Time will tell how many children will return to the state system.
It won't be the Winchesters, Eton 'n 'Arrows that go to the wall, it'll be the smaller local independents that will disappear so there may well be an exodus that the state system cannot accommodate, and we'll be back to the 'Golden Age of the 50s where there were hordes in every class.

It won't be the Winchesters, Eton 'n 'Arrows that go to the wall, it'll be the smaller local independents that will disappear so there may well be an exodus that the state system cannot accommodate, and we'll be back to the 'Golden Age of the 50s where there were hordes in every class.
We shall see how it pans out. There are doomsday scenarios in play at the moment.

Same as everyone really, not sure I see your point. VAT on private & fee paying schools will bring the treasury an estimate on £1.7 billion. Not sure that will amount to much by the time children have had to transfer to state schools. Just feels like a very petty policy just to quieten the left.
Maybe those schools will end up reducing fees, im guessing if sat 20% leave they may not see an uptake of new ones coming in.

We shall see how it pans out. There are doomsday scenarios in play at the moment.
They’d better get a shift on building new school rooms and employing more teachers for the new intake.

I know of at least two schools that will go because of it. Only just making ends meet as it is.

Easy vote winner in my opinion. Let’s slap the rich. Those that aren’t actually rich. Just in a position to provide the best for their kids.

The short sightedness of politicians.

They’d better get a shift on building new school rooms and employing more teachers for the new intake.

I know of at least two schools that will go because of it. Only just making ends meet as it is.

Easy vote winner in my opinion. Let’s slap the rich. Those that aren’t actually rich. Just in a position to provide the best for their kids.

Did you say anything about the two child benefit cap?

All changes have consequences. Short term and long term.

I’d love for us to use the Finnish model, but we can’t get there with the click of our fingers.

We seem to think that learning stuff is uncool in this country. That’s the biggest obstacle to education at the moment.

It's not discriminatory. Independent special schools can cost over a hundredbthousand pounds a year. If it's discrimination then it's discrimination to pay for these kids to attend those placements have their needs met. But it isn't.

I doubt there are many children with EHCPs in mainstream independent schools. If they are they aren't likely to have high needs or they might have milder learning difficulties such as dyslexia.

Suck it up and stop acting so entitled.

You remind me of Big Tobacco complaining of copyright infringement before their branding was removed. You're flogging a dead horse and you'll lose.

Your defence of discrimination wouldn’t stand up in court. Try harder.

Entitled? What the fuck are you on about? Have you just learnt a new word and you’re desperate to use it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.