The Labour Government

I suspect a fact is that you have fucked teaching along with every other public service and labour need to start from scratch
I suspect that's what will occur in the rail industry.

New front line roles with new responsibilities whilst us old farts will be bought off or remain on our contracts until natural wastages takes effect to implement it quicker.

National collective bargaining maybe on the way back under Great British Railways. To do that they need a one size fits all new contracts for new staff when they take over the franchises otherwise it will be a farce.

I suspect a fact is that you have fucked teaching along with every other public service and labour need to start from scratch
Who me? It's fuck all to do with the Teachers it's more to do with the kids parents who let the kids run wild and show no respect towards the Teachers, both my Sister and Brother in law are Teachers he got out when he was 60, she is a deputy head at a school that has close ties to City and she is packing it in this year

Last edited:
Oh dear, you sad pathetic person, didn't think anyone on here could stoop so low, and people think you are a intelligent person
I am, but not sure what relevance that has to what I posted. A huge part of my intelligence is the ability to make certain people laugh. People who ‘get’ me. Some do, many don’t. It’s no biggie that you don’t. You are in good company.

Doesn’t make you a lesser person.

Just a less enriched one.

Why would that happen when the state sector has more spare places than the entire private sector?

Most non-partisan experts think that the numbers leaving will be fairly small, but even a dramatic exodus, of 20% of all private pupils, wouldn't even make a dent in the state sector.
I've been out of the state sector for some time but there wasn't a school I've worked in that could have accommodated a 20% increase. And the kind of state school that could? Not particularly the ones that ex-independent attendees would want!

I've been out of the state sector for some time but there wasn't a school I've worked in that could have accommodated a 20% increase. And the kind of state school that could? Not particularly the ones that ex-independent attendees would want!

You're not talking about a single school taking 20%. Most local authorities have more spare capacity than they have private school pupils in total, as they make up a small minority of the overall school population.

In most boroughs 20% of the local private school pupils, would only be a 5% increase in the local state schools.

The spare capacity may not have been there when you were in the state sector, but it is there now, and is expected to grow over the next few years (https://www.ft.com/content/31460ce0-c0ba-4c1d-8006-43cb698234e2).

Your last point is an interesting one, that had occurred to me. I expect the Telegraph will have plenty of parents who do try and move to the state sector, complaining that they can't get into a school. The reality is likely to be that they can get into a school, but they want to get into the best state school in the area. I agree that they may well be disappointed, just as other parents are.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.